parents visiting on B2 with wife on H4

bhamarsd

Hello everyone,

I am currently on H1-B working full-time for a reputed company. This is my 2nd year on H1. Previously I was on student visa F-1, for 5 years till I got my Ph.D. My wife is on H-4 and she is in US for 13 months. We are visiting India in March. I wil be staying for 2 weeks whereas wife will be spending some time with her parents and stay there for total of 5 weeks.

My parents (60 and 52 years old) and My Sister (22- working as a trainee in a software company) recently got tourist visa B2. For their travel convenience, parents and sister will be traveling with my wife on her return journey to US. I have booked return ticket for my parents and sister already. they will be staying here for ~ 3.5 months.

As this is their first visit I want to be sure that their entry goes smooth. Based on your experience, will their entry along with my wife be an issue ? Also, what are the questions that they should be ready for ? Considering my sister is taking a long break from her work what extra care should be taken ?

Thanks for your attention.

I see no issues just because they plan to seek entry along with your wife.
With regards to what they should be prepared for, they should be able to defend the purpose of their visit. They should also be in a position to convince the admitting officer that they will leave the US in a timely fashion. The same holds for your sister.