parents rejected once 2 days back..need help please!!

amehdi_amehdi

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My parents went for a visitors visa to the US consulate in mumbai and they were rejected on grounds that they might not return.

I sent all documents (I-134, H1 copy, passport copy, original birth certificate etc.etc.etc.etc.). He also took property papers, CA statement, tax returns etc. etc. with him.

My parents have a total of 3 children, 2 sons (me and my borther in the US on H1 and one daugther who came here on H-4 with her husband for an 8 month project..a couple of months back).

My dad is a doctor (55) and Mom a house wife (54).

The officer asked only 3 questions..

1. what do you do
doctor

2.how many children do you have and where are they?
three children ..all in US

3.how much do you make
2 lac rupees a year.

and then he said sorry. I don't think we can give you the visa..on the grounds that you might not return back.

Now, my question is...

Should they apply again. What can we do to increase the chances of getting the visa this time? Or should we wait for my parents to apply again after a few months (US consulate seems to be on a spree of rejections, four of my dad's friends also got rejected in the last couple of months from mumbai).

Should I have said that my parents have 3 kids or is it ok to just (basically lie) and say they have only kids..in retrospect..I'm just thinking if it was worth it to be honest and have them say they had 3 kids in the US

My dad actually makes much more than 2 lacs per year..If we go back, should he then say..that he misunderstood the question last time and that he makes much more than 2 lacs? I don't know how he can justify that.

Is there anything I can do to try to minimize the risk next time..or should we just wait for a few months? Do you think things like taking a personal letter from my boss or anyone else will help?

Please help....