1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are looking for volunteer moderators for the forums for various topics. If you are interested and feel that you have the experience for the same, please contact us with your name and topic of interest and your experience in the area in which you wish to volunteer. A moderator is required to visit the forum on a regular basis, control spam, report offending posters, provide recommendations for reorganizing the forums etc.
  3. US Immigration attorney, Rajiv S. Khanna hosts a free community conference call for US Immigration questions every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394.

PAN card for US citizen

Discussion in 'Life After Citizenship' started by indiantiger1, Feb 25, 2011.

  1. indiantiger1

    indiantiger1 Registered Users (C)

    Has anyone applied for PAN card in India after becoming US citizen .

    If so can you please provide some guidelines.
  2. ginnu

    ginnu Registered Users (C)

    you can Google for "PAN Card"
    at this time PAN Card or PAN number is must property transaction. PAN is not required for NRE Bank account but for NRO Bank account better give then PAN number
  3. indiantiger1

    indiantiger1 Registered Users (C)

    I have some FD's in NRO acct where the bank takes the TDS , I would like to apply for "avoid double taxation" which requires PAN card. also I will be buying property in India very soon.

    I have visited the following website to apply PAN for NRI .


    The problem I have is I am not sure what I need to fill for assessing officer section as it has only indian centers listed in the guidelines .
  4. nkm-oct23

    nkm-oct23 Registered Users (C)

    See https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pan2/servlet/InterAOSearch
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2011
  5. ginnu

    ginnu Registered Users (C)


Share This Page