• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

PA Name partially wrong..

Muke

Hey guys and girls,
We are selected for DV2007 and I had a question that I'm kinda worried about.

When we applied for the lottery, another family member of us living in the US completed our form. When she was doing that instead of my current name (let's say: John, Lezenski Trodmill) she put down the name I was given at birth (let's say: John, Lezenski Gretshot).

Is this a really bad thing?? I have official papers saying that I changed my name in 1984. Also on the DS-230 form I can put it with question 2 "Other Names Used or Aliases".
Also, what name should I use as "Family name" on both forms, my current name of the name used on the application?

Will they accept this if I send it to the KCC this way? If not, what can I do??

Thanks in advance!

Muke said:
Hey guys and girls,
We are selected for DV2007 and I had a question that I'm kinda worried about.

When we applied for the lottery, another family member of us living in the US completed our form. When she was doing that instead of my current name (let's say: John, Lezenski Trodmill) she put down the name I was given at birth (let's say: John, Lezenski Gretshot).

Is this a really bad thing?? I have official papers saying that I changed my name in 1984. Also on the DS-230 form I can put it with question 2 "Other Names Used or Aliases".
Also, what name should I use as "Family name" on both forms, my current name of the name used on the application?

Will they accept this if I send it to the KCC this way? If not, what can I do??

Thanks in advance!
I think you should put your current name in the application, and your previous name under "other names". Write a letter to KCC explaining the situation. Don't forget to include a copy of offical papers about your name change.
Or, you might want to call them first, and make sure that's all you need to do.
Good luck!