Over 21. Help!

aex94

Hello! I have some questions and in need of answers. Please help!

So, me and my other 3 siblings were under my mom's fiance visa last 2010. My oldest sister, however, turned 21 (Nov. 2009) before we got our visas approved (May 2010). She did all her physical exam and biometrics with us and the only problem was that she turned 21. Since she was already above the age limit, she wasn't able to come with us. Now, my question is, is there anything we can do to have her come here other than petitioning her (which we already did, but was told that it would take 10+ years)? Does the immigration office still have her papers even after 5 years? And if they do, would it help to get a lawyer to do something about it?

edit: My mom and my stepdad divorced last year so there's no way he can petition her.

Thanks!

Last edited:
It's not 10+ years; assuming she's not born in Mexico or the Philippines, F2B category (unmarried adult child of permanent resident) is currently slightly less than 7 years. There's not really any other way.

It's not 10+ years; assuming she's not born in Mexico or the Philippines, F2B category (unmarried adult child of permanent resident) is currently slightly less than 7 years. There's not really any other way.
Hi, thanks for replying! Unfortunately, she is born in the Philippines. So, I'm guessing it really is 10+ years?