OPT processing time

aayusu01

Registered Users (C)
I am an F-1 student that applied for OPT. The Texas Service Center sent me a receipt and SRC number on April 28. I will start work in June 14; is there any way to expedite the process? My employer sent a letter to expedite the process to the Texas Center. Do you think I will receive my EAD card before that?

I am thinking of calling immigration to look up my case. Please let me know your thoughts on this matter.

My innternational school says that TSC doesn't expedite OPT. But still I called national USCIS and requested for expedition. I have been told that I will get a call/email from TSC with in five days which should be no later than june 2, 2009. Then I will be able to know that TSC will expedite my OPT or not?

OPT processing time at TSC

Hi All,

I just want to provide a timeline for F1-OPT/EAD processing at TSC.

:)April 21, 2009 (Receipt date): TSC received my EAD application.

:)May 28, 2009: I sent a written letter to TSC (along with a copy of the job offer letter) requesting an expedited processing.

:)June 10, 2009: I called NCSC (800-375-5283) and again requested for expedited processing. Options to choose while calling are "to report a problem with the application filed", then enter your receipt number and listen carefully all the options and continue opting for "to report a problem with the application." Finally, you will get a person to talk to. Then choose "financial loss for the individual and the company".

:)June 18, 2009: Received an e-mail saying "Card production ordered"
:)June 19, 2009: Received another (duplicate) e-mail saying "Card production ordered"

:)June 23, 2009: Received an e-mail saying "Approval Notice Sent"

Last edited by a moderator:
EAD card

Hi,

So did you received your EAD card before the June 14th and if no when did you received it?

thanks

does anybody have an idea how long approval of EAD takes at Nebraska service center? I am (or was) F-1, got my notice on June 29 2009, check was cashed July 1st, "case is received and pending".
I had an offer enclosed with the application and still waiting. Immigration counselor at my Uni didn't submit it as expedited, saying there is no starting date on the offer. The company which wants to employ me is saying: it's against their policy to include the date.... like a vicious circle!