**OPT now, **Changing into G-4 later, **EB-5-500K, **Starting New Business

emule

Hi, Joef,

Searched through all threads already, impressed by all the consulting works you have done. Since none of the existing one fit into my case. I start this new thread.

I am on my OPT with one-year EAD now, which will be expired later this year. I might soon have the opportunity to join the international organization, and change into G-4 visa before the end of my OPT. At the same time, I am considering starting up a LLC in US with one US citizen and one US PR.

1, As already known from existing thread that with OPT, one could act as passive investor to start up a business, and point someone else with working authorithation to manage the company. What if the visa status will be changed to G-4, any changes in the status? Can I manage the business after being in G-4?

2, Can the company later on sponsor my HI-B from G-4?

3, What kind of corporation forms (LLC, S-corp, c-corp) would be in my best interests (For limited liabilities, and I am considering starting up a LLC in US with one US citizen and one US PR)? For my immigration status, Tax, etc.

4, It is annoying to do business without certainty in the long run. If the above are not plausible? Heard of EB-5, but not clear about the 500K exception requirement? It is stated for underdeveloped areas or certain rural areas, where can I find more detailed geographical information about this?

Thanks a million!