OPT/EAD Application

psavkar

I filed my OPT/EAD application on March 30th. I had included my job offer letter in this the application. Since I had not secured a place of residence for the summer as yet, I had my university's international students' office address put on the I-765 in the form of a printed sticker provided by the office itself. Unfortunately, the people at the Nebraska office entered the address incorrectly in their database (or something of the sort) due to which the receipt was sent to an undeliverable address. I had my school's immigration counselor contact the service center directly and therefore got my receipt number but I never actually received the receipt. He also had the address in their database corrected.

On May 20th, I got an email from the USCIS saying that they had sent me something in the mail and that the address that I had provided was incorrect (again?!?). I immediately called them and provided the correct address for a second time. They told me that they would resend whatever they had sent in the first place and that I should receive it within 45 days. They wouldn't tell me exactly what they had sent - if it was the original receipt, or if some extra evidence was required for the processing of my case - nothing. But until I received the letter and provided whatever it was that they required, my case would not be processed any further. It has been 39 days since then and I still have not received this letter sent by them. I called to verify my address in their system and they refuse to tell me what address they have noted down. They won't tell me is this notice has already been sent, will be sent soon or has been returned a second time.

It will be 90 days since I first filed my application on June 30th and I have no faith that the application will go through by then. I have already pushed back my start date two times and might have to do it a third time as well. The 800 number listed on the website is probably the worst and most frustrating number anyone can call. All the operators are rude, uncooperative and literally read out the answers to whatever questions you ask them.

This is possibly the most frustrating time of my entire stay in the US.

I filed my OPT/EAD application on March 30th. I had included my job offer letter in this the application. Since I had not secured a place of residence for the summer as yet, I had my university's international students' office address put on the I-765 in the form of a printed sticker provided by the office itself. Unfortunately, the people at the Nebraska office entered the address incorrectly in their database (or something of the sort) due to which the receipt was sent to an undeliverable address. I had my school's immigration counselor contact the service center directly and therefore got my receipt number but I never actually received the receipt. He also had the address in their database corrected.

On May 20th, I got an email from the USCIS saying that they had sent me something in the mail and that the address that I had provided was incorrect (again?!?). I immediately called them and provided the correct address for a second time. They told me that they would resend whatever they had sent in the first place and that I should receive it within 45 days. They wouldn't tell me exactly what they had sent - if it was the original receipt, or if some extra evidence was required for the processing of my case - nothing. But until I received the letter and provided whatever it was that they required, my case would not be processed any further. It has been 39 days since then and I still have not received this letter sent by them. I called to verify my address in their system and they refuse to tell me what address they have noted down. They won't tell me is this notice has already been sent, will be sent soon or has been returned a second time.

It will be 90 days since I first filed my application on June 30th and I have no faith that the application will go through by then. I have already pushed back my start date two times and might have to do it a third time as well. The 800 number listed on the website is probably the worst and most frustrating number anyone can call. All the operators are rude, uncooperative and literally read out the answers to whatever questions you ask them.

Go on man,. You can do this one more time.

I'm feeling so glad to join this forum. Please share more your exact knowledge with us. Stay active and invite people towards this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
OPT/EAD Application