Opinions before I apple for citizenship please!

Monirca

Hi everyone!
This is my story:
I have been a legal permanent resident since February 2007 (7 years). I never really traveled at all from 2007 to 2012, however my dad who lives in Peru recently had 2 kids from his second marriage (3 years old and 1 year old) so naturally I wanted to spend time with my new baby brother and sister so I have been travelling a lot for the past 2 years.
5 back to back trips all less than 6 months from September 2012 to December 2014. (just came back)
Total of 1067 days inside the U.S. and 759 outside the U.S.
I know in order to qualify you have to be present 2 and 1/2 years out of the last 5 years and although I do qualify I am afraid they will deny my application since all the trips are so recent and so close together. However I really want to apply already because I have been a legal resident for so long.

Other than that everything is in order, I have lived in the U.S. with a student Visa since I was 14 (I´m now 27), got my green card because of my mom, I went to school here, I own a car here, my entire family is here (except for those mentioned above), I haven´t had income for the last 2 years because I have been staying with my dad for the entire time but before that I have worked (always filed taxes) and went to school at the same time and currently I live with my mom. I think that's about it.

I would really like to hear the opinions of those with similar cases, it would help me a lot!!!!!
Thank you :)

Wait a few months in the US, then apply. It doesn't look good if you apply right after completing a series of long trips or if you're still in the midst of taking long trips.

I agree with Jackolantern. The longer you wait to apply, the better your chances. I applied 9 months after returning from my back to back trips. Gather up all the evidence you can to prove your ties to the US in case they ask for it during your interview. If you can afford to lose the filing fee, you can go for it. Otherwise, if there isn't any hurry apart from just wanting citizenship, my advice is to wait. I got mine eventually, but I had to sue them in the end to get them to move, and it's possible they weren't really doing much with my application because they wanted me to suffer.

Thank you very much for you help.
So far, one lawyer has told me to wait 6 to 8 months otherwise they probably will deny my application. Yet, another lawyer said if I wait 3 months and then send my application, I shouldn't encounter any problems. I guess it also depends on my luck.

There isn't a hard and fast rule for your situation. Continuous residence is a subjective issue, so the more you can do to make your case look better, the greater the improvement of your chances of approval, although there is no guarantee.