October 2011 Filers

I got a RFE today in the mail for a copy of my marriage certificate. I was shock because I KNOW I sent copies. This sucks because it slows down the process. Oh well will mail it off tomorrow.

@MarineWife glad to hear you got your NOAs. Any news is news. It's better to hear something that not to hear anything at all. Bio such be right around the corner

@bigbull99 congrats on your Bio notification. Are you gonna try an early walk-in?

You're right I'm grateful.
I'm sorry about the RFE. As Bigbull suggested, if you mail then overnight they should have them by Monday. A few days after that they'll notify you that they received it and things will be back on track. At worst, you've only lost a week if that much. At least your biometrics is already out of the way

I beleive your will receive your biometrics notification tommorrow. :eek:

You were right. I did get it today! Thanks for the encouragement and positive words. It's scheduled for the 7th November but I'm going to try to walk in on Monday or Tuesday as the office is on the same street I live on. About 10 minutes away at very least.

Last edited by a moderator:
You were right. I did get it today! Thanks for the encouragement and positive words. It's scheduled for the 7th November but I'm going to try to walk in on Monday or Tuesday as the office is on the same street as I live on. About 10 minutes away at very least.

Hey MarineWife,

Congrat on the Bio Notification. I am still expecting my Bio notification. I feel USCIS isnt playing a fair game, I thought I should receive my Bio notification before you...:)

Hopefully, i will receive it on Monday or Tuesday next week.

@ sweet15, dont worry too much. Just make sure you send the BC as soon as possible....so that you wont loss so much time.

Good luck to all October filers.

@Lazhy

I know! I didn't expect my biometrics appt letter so soon as my NOAs just came but I'm not complaining at all. I hope you get yours in the next few couple days.

I hope that they don't turn me away as I'm taking a cab there. No matter what day I go, my hubby will not be able to take me unless he requests leave from work. He works from about 6am to 5pm (Marine Corps). My appointment on Nov 7th is at noon. So I'll take my chances this Monday and if need be, Tuesday, and Wednesday etc etc until they let me do it (if they keep turning me away) but I will be sure to explain to them my situation.

good luck

@Lazhy

I know! I didn't expect my biometrics appt letter so soon as my NOAs just came but I'm not complaining at all. I hope you get yours in the next few couple days.

I hope that they don't turn me away as I'm taking a cab there. No matter what day I go, my hubby will not be able to take me unless he requests leave from work. He works from about 6am to 5pm (Marine Corps). My appointment on Nov 7th is at noon. So I'll take my chances this Monday and if need be, Tuesday, and Wednesday etc etc until they let me do it (if they keep turning me away) but I will be sure to explain to them my situation.

Hi,
Marinewife, Good Luck, and all the best, Post us a good news on monday.

Is everyone experiencing trouble tracking online after receiving NOAs in mail? Not worried, but just curious. I'm not able to see my case and have read a few complaints here. Has anyone been successful in tracking (October Filers)?

@MarineWife

Congrats on your Bio Notification. I also could not track my cases online either BUT since I got the RFE I can only track 1 of my case numbers and that is the one I got the RFE for. I think there is only 1 other person on here for October filers who can track their case numbers. Everyone else has the same problem

[QUOTE

Congrat on the Bio Notification. I am still expecting my Bio notification. I feel USCIS isnt playing a fair game, I thought I should receive my Bio notification before you...:)

Hopefully, i will receive it on Monday or Tuesday next week.

@ sweet15, dont worry too much. Just make sure you send the BC as soon as possible....so that you wont loss so much time.

Good luck to all October filers.[/QUOTE]

You should get your Bio Notification in a day or two. Not to worry

Online Tracking

Hi,Guys,
I konw it is frustrating when you take lot of care in filling out all the forms, spend big bucks for the fee,and you can not track the case on ,line.
One of my friend when he applied for his Citizenship, told me that even after his oath , His case online says- Initial Review-, So as i read from other threads, it all depends on the person who enters the case status online. Some times they dont bother to update it.

I cam track my case as of now. It says Initial Review, But lets see how it will change as time passes by.
I think every one is getting paper updates as expected , So, i think it should be fine.

Letters received

I'm crossing my fingers that yours come soon. I'm certain they will.

Your crossed fingers worked very well! :) 4 letters arrived yesterday. Now hoping tomorrow for a biometrics letter to come.
Our 4 cases are online. Nothing exciting: 'initial review' or so.
I'll keep fingers crossed for your successful finger print visit tomorrow!

@id0mu

YAY!!!! I'm really happy for you. I hope your bio letter comes next week. It shouldn't be long now.
I've decided to go to do my walk in on Tuesday instead. I am thinking Monday (first day of the week) might be busy for them, so I will try on Tuesday instead. Hopefully it'll be less busy.

You were right. I did get it today! Thanks for the encouragement and positive words. It's scheduled for the 7th November but I'm going to try to walk in on Monday or Tuesday as the office is on the same street I live on. About 10 minutes away at very least.

Good!!!!!!ur will get a walk-in successful

@sweet1031

Thank you my dear. I'm going tomorrow afternoon. I will let you guys know if I got through or not.

@ MarineWife, you don't have to worry too much. You will get through with the walk-in biometric like most people in the forum did. I am still expecting my biometric appointment.. I hope I get it soon.

good luck.

@Lazhy
You should receive your biometric appointment very soon. I received mine almost after a month( see my signature ). You guys have any idea when I will receive the interview letter?

@ MarineWife, you don't have to worry too much. You will get through with the walk-in biometric like most people in the forum did. I am still expecting my biometric appointment.. I hope I get it soon.

good luck.

good luck.

Thanks! I really hope so. Hopefully yours come this week. Will you be doing a walk in too?

Thanks! I really hope so. Hopefully yours come this week. Will you be doing a walk in too?

I will definitely be doing a walk-in. I have not seen a clear fact that it helps to speed up the process. But since it doesn't hurt in any way to do a walk-in and I have the time, then why wouldn't i do it. Almost everyone I personally know and in this forum had a walk-in.

@Lazhy
You should receive your biometric appointment very soon. I received mine almost after a month( see my signature ). You guys have any idea when I will receive the interview letter?

Really, I cant believe your biometric appointment took that long. Maybe there are lots of back log in your ASC. With the delay in your biometric appointment, I think your interview might take a little bit while to come. I have read on this forum that FBI background check takes more than 2 weeks, and your biometric appointment is over 2 months of your application submission date. That means your Advance Parole and your EAD will eventually take longer to come compared to the rest of the applicants.

I hope this delay doesn't affect your interview date. Have you compared your timeline to other Chicago applicants? Is it normal or you are the odd one out?

@Lazhy

I beg to differ. From my observance of several dozen timelines, it appears that you'll get a biometrics notice within 2-3 weeks of submitting application and then the date on that notice would be about 1 mth- 1.5mths from the date you applied. I'm a good example. My bio appt date is 11/07/2011 and I sent in my application on 10/8/2011.

I think after completing biometrics (about a month - 1.5 mths so )you'll get the EAD. So that's about 2mths-3mths after you first submitted application. So based on this,

Also, I have read many ppl on this forum saying that they have called in to the FBI office which then told them that their fingerprint results were sent back to USCIS, the day after (or within that very week) biometrics was done....

Anyways, your biometrics letter will be with you very soon. Hang tight.

Last edited by a moderator: