October 2011 Filers

Hi everyone. I mailed my package on Saturday and ended up bawling my eyes out yesterday when the USPS tracking info said "Could not be delivered because no one was there to sign for package" (and then it went on to give details about if the package remains unclaimed for 15 days, it would be returned to me) So that really upset me as it took me quite a while to organize that package and deal with fees, then to have that news.

I want to wish everyone the best of luck.
I'm currently in Northern Virginia. My field office is Washington, D.C (which is in Fairfax, VA)

Any fellow Virginians in this thread?

Application recieved

:)Hi,
I just got an E-mail from lockbox@dhs.gov stating that my application has been recieved and has been routed to NBC for further processing. They gave me a receipt number MSC#########. Did any one get an E-mail. I live in Boston.
I got 3 different Emails with 3 different Receipt numbers starting with MSC########, Can any one please tell me why i got 3 receipt numbers? Please share your info.
regards
:)
Application sent usps on 10/07/2011
Recieved on 10/09/2011 @ po box.Chicago
E mail recieved with MSC####### reciept number on 10/13/2011

Last edited by a moderator:
Checking in

Hi,
Just wanted to check in. Filed the forms for my husband. We are in Brooklyn, NY.

@BigBull99

Those are your Notice of Action. You will get letters in the mail in the coming days. USCIS is informing you of the status of your petition. You will normally receive an NOA letting you know that your petition or application has been received, and again when a decision has been made to approve or deny your petition or application. This is a good thing, so far. You must have sent in a G-1145 with your forms.

Hi id0mu , Good luck. Brooklyn is my old home. I just left in August and I miss it something terrible.

Hi everyone. I mailed my package on Saturday and ended up bawling my eyes out yesterday when the USPS tracking info said "Could not be delivered because no one was there to sign for package" (and then it went on to give details about if the package remains unclaimed for 15 days, it would be returned to me) So that really upset me as it took me quite a while to organize that package and deal with fees, then to have that news.

I want to wish everyone the best of luck.
I'm currently in Northern Virginia. My field office is Washington, D.C (which is in Fairfax, VA)

Any fellow Virginians in this thread?

Any word about your packet getting delivered?

@rok8man

I checked the certified mail receipt early yesterday and it says "Delivered"

Initial update (that had me crying):
Notice Left (No Authorized Recipient Available) October 10, 2011, 3:50 am CHICAGO, IL 60680

2nd update: Delivered October 10, 2011, 10:55 pm CHICAGO, IL 60680

So I'm really hoping it was delivered. I won't rest until I get confirmation from INS (USCIS) itself. These NOAs surely have me sweating.

Check Cashed

Hi,
I checked my bank statement online this morning. My Ckeck got cashed. Any new up dates from any one in the same boat?

@rok8man

I checked the certified mail receipt early yesterday and it says "Delivered"

Initial update (that had me crying):
Notice Left (No Authorized Recipient Available) October 10, 2011, 3:50 am CHICAGO, IL 60680

2nd update: Delivered October 10, 2011, 10:55 pm CHICAGO, IL 60680

So I'm really hoping it was delivered. I won't rest until I get confirmation from INS (USCIS) itself. These NOAs surely have me sweating.

Since it is a mailbox, USPS leaves a notice for USCIS to pick up your mail from the desk when they check the mailbox. I did the same thing, they have your mail rest assured

@mantikos

I just got my NOAs (3), I almost jumped for joy but realized it's not that serious. HAPPY for them though.

Update!

Hey fellow October filers,

Just got 3 confirmation emails with case numbers from USCIS. Checked the status online but case number cant be found yet. Maybe they haven't update it on their system. Will checked again on Monday.

I also called the bank this afternoon to ask if checks have been cashed but checks haven't been cashed yet. I'm sure they will cash them on Monday.

Now, the waiting begins......

@mantikos

I just got my NOAs (3), I almost jumped for joy but realized it's not that serious. HAPPY for them though.

Hi Marinewife,

Kindly create a signature..so we can know your timeline.... i, you and bigbull have the same timeline.

Dear All October Filers,

Here is my timeline so far. Hope all of us can get our GC ASAP. :rolleyes:
Does anyone can teach me how to add signature? Thanks!!:eek:

10/04/11 [00] Mailed packet to Chicago office via USP Overnight
10/05/11 [01] Received in Chicago at 9:22AM Signed by Bush
10/12/11 [08] Check cashed
10/13/11 [09] 4 x NOAs received in mail
10/15/11 [11] Biometrics notification
11/02/11 [29] Biometrics appointment