OCI traveling to India

i am a business analyst, if it was me i would have put in the business rule that would prevent "IND" from being an option of nationality!

Agreed, these people are useless at thoroughly thinking things through. Something as simple and obvious as this should not be an option.

sreeleshk, did you read the CGINY website for miscellaneous OCI services? Correcting one's incorrectly online entered nationality is a service that they charge $25 (plus $20 postage fees) to reissue the OCI booklet and visa sticker. Probably may make sense to go this route once you get back from India:

2. In case of change of personal particulars viz. name, nationality etc./Filing of wrong personal particulars while submitting online application:
In case of change of personal particulars/wrong filing of personal particulars while submitting online application, OCI holders may seek re-issuance of OCI documents by availing the services. They have to enclose the documentary evidence for the change of the personal particulars.

Fees
US $ 25/- or equivalent in local currency for re-issuance of OCI documents in case of issuance of new passport , change of personal particulars, wrong filing of particulars.
US $ 100/- or equivalent in local currency for issuance of duplicate OCI documents in case of loss/damage.
The fee is payable by certified Cheque/Money Order drawn in favour of Consulate General of India, New York.
If return of documents are required by mail, please include an additional payment of $ 20/-.

(Both OCI registration certificate and visa shall be issued in respect of any/all service (s)).

Read the complete details here.

yeah, thats what i have in mind. i will post later of my experience, if i was questioned about it in india.

Sorry for the double post...
This is an emergency..

Hello all

When i arrived in india, i did not have my expired passport with the lifelong visa in it.

I was able to get a temporary landing facility or visa on arrival, for 15 days.

Immigration officials assured me that if i was to get my expired passport couriered to me within that time, i would be fine, since the visa would still be applicable.

Now I have my expired passport and my new passport, BUT I DO NOT HAVE the OCI card (small blue single page passport type)

The officials here at mumbai (not my port of entry...i.e delhi) say that i can be detained at the airport when trying to leave if i overstay the 15 days.
This situation is worsened since i do not have the OCI card.

(note as previously mentioned...i have the valid visa in the old passport)

Please please please...

any advice on what to do would be greatly appreciated.

Right now..the plan of action is to travel to delhi Foreigh Regional Registration Office and seek their advice....
This is costly and more importantly...time consuming...my 15 days are limited...only 5 more left...

Sorry for the double post...
This is an emergency..

Hello all

When i arrived in india, i did not have my expired passport with the lifelong visa in it.

I was able to get a temporary landing facility or visa on arrival, for 15 days.

Immigration officials assured me that if i was to get my expired passport couriered to me within that time, i would be fine, since the visa would still be applicable.
-------They are correct
Now I have my expired passport and my new passport, BUT I DO NOT HAVE the OCI card (small blue single page passport type)
------------------------Where is your OCI booklet(small blue single page passport type) ? if left in US then let somebody send it to you in India.
The officials here at mumbai (not my port of entry...i.e delhi) say that i can be detained at the airport when trying to leave if i overstay the 15 days.

This situation is worsened since i do not have the OCI card.
-Where is your OCI Card?

(note as previously mentioned...i have the valid visa in the old passport)

Please please please...

any advice on what to do would be greatly appreciated.

Right now..the plan of action is to travel to delhi Foreigh Regional Registration Office and seek their advice....
This is costly and more importantly...time consuming...my 15 days are limited...only 5 more left...
--- if you have valid US passport + expired US passport with U visa then you don't have problem staying in India when you depart India they may ask your OCI Card.
--------------

Where is your OCI booklet(small blue single page passport type) ? if left in US then let somebody send it to you in India.

I don't know where it is. It has been misplaced in the travelling.
I don't even have a copy of it.
Right now, all I have is the expired passport with the U-Visa and my current passport.

-Where is your OCI Card?
Answered above

--- if you have valid US passport + expired US passport with U visa then you don't have problem staying in India when you depart India they may ask your OCI Card.

Right now...this is my hope and last resort.
The prolem i think is that since my passport has a temporary landing facility for 15 days, and I am due to leave after those days are up, the immigration office on exit may be strict and create problems...even though i have the U-Visa. If he asks for the OCI booklet as well...then I will enter into even more problems.

The prolem i think is that since my passport has a temporary landing facility for 15 days, and I am due to leave after those days are up, the immigration office on exit may be strict and create problems...even though i have the U-Visa. If he asks for the OCI booklet as well...then I will enter into even more problems.

What will they do?
I think with the temp landing visa, you should be comparing yourself to visa overstay rather than missing OCI. Google for the consequences of visa overstay...