OCI - San Francisco Tracker

One more update: Phot/signature scanned on Sep 29 2006.
One more step.
I had submitted normal US passport photographs (white background). I am assuming that they are acceptable, as the status shows scanned.

It shows granted

Yesterday, it showed Scanned and today it is showing granted. I hope I will get in hand in two weeks.

OK, I am getting too excited here ...
Documents Printing Status: PRINTED
Documents Printed On : 30-SEP-2006

I was surprised that it was done on a Saturday!!

Can apply only at SFO ?

I am ready to apply for OCI and lives in SF bay area. Do i need to apply to SFO indian consulate only or can i apply to any indian consulate ?
I was asking by looking at some of posts which mentioned that other consulates are much faster as compared to SFO.

Thanks for guiding.

Technically you need to apply to the consulate which services yoru area, which in your case is SFO.

Our time line .. Granted

Submitted on line application on 07/20/2006
Mailed completed application on 07/25/2006
On line status for all applicants: Acknowledged on 09/21/2006
Registration Status: Granted on 09/29/2006
Documents Printing Status: Printed on 09/30/2006

If you are living in SF bay area, you can apply only at the SFO consulate.

bayareaboy said:
I am ready to apply for OCI and lives in SF bay area. Do i need to apply to SFO indian consulate only or can i apply to any indian consulate ?
I was asking by looking at some of posts which mentioned that other consulates are much faster as compared to SFO.

Thanks for guiding.

Our time line .. Documents Dispatched for 3 out of 4

Not sure why only three of them are showing as documents dispatched 4th one still shows as not dispatched.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Documents Dispatched from Delhi on 10/03/2006

rskvsk said:
Not sure why only three of them are showing as documents dispatched 4th one still shows as not dispatched.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have the same problem. My family applications are granted and dispatched. Mine shows granted but no dispatch information. Earlier it showed photo/sig scanned date. Now it doesn't show that either.

Our time line .. All 4 dispatched

Now showing all 4 as dispatched.....:)

Our time line .. Documents Dispatched for 3 out of 4

Yahoo!! My file number is present in the updated list of OCI documents recieved in the SF consulate page. I just have to mail out my passport.

My timeline:

Mailed Application: July 29th
Application Received: July 31st
Date of Ackd: Oct 1st
Granted and Printed: Oct 6th
Despatched from Delhi: Oct 9th

Last edited by a moderator:
Hooooooooooraaaaaay .. Received OIC yesterday

rskvsk said:
Now showing all 4 as dispatched.....:)

Finally received the OIC cards and passports with OIC stamp in them yesterday for all applicants. They also sent our childrent PIO cards back with canceled stamp in them.
9 years of submitting different applications and processing is finally over.

Thank you for all you for the postings and information provided on these forums, the information is invaluble.

Sent passports for stamping on 10/07/2006
Received OIC cards and passports on 10/10/2006

Applied OCI in July not acknowledged yet

I have applied for my OCI card on 17th Jul-06 , cashier check was cashed by the consulate in Aug 2006.Till now OCI status websites is showing that application has not been acknowledged.

If we trying calling OCI status phone lines they are always busy.No response to email :mad: . Not sure what to do now and get the status of the application. :confused:

Did you search the forums for email addresses to use for contacting regarding OCI issues? I do remember seeing a bunch of emails and names and a couple of people did mention that they were responsive.

OCI team is pretty responsive

They are very good in responding to all my emails. Did u check your bulk mail/spam folder?

Telephone number is a joke. If you happened to live in Bay Area, drop in at the consulate or call any of the vice consul. They might be able to help u out. I can understand your frustrations. It is only Consulate that is taking more than 3 months to process OCI.
Good Luck.