OCI-NY Delays

spprash

Iam a Srilankan national of Indian Origin residing in US. I had applied for Indian OCI to the CGI-NY on 6th March. But the status message in the mha site always reads as 'File Number is yet to be registered in concerned mission'. Its more than 2 months now and even my Money order has not been encached by the counsulate. Also the CGI did not respond to any of my emails or phone calls.

Is this delay acceptable or does it mean some issues with my application?

CGINY has been a real mess-My OCI has been received by them yet they have not sent me my passport since a month now !

mangal969 said:
CGINY has been a real mess-My OCI has been received by them yet they have not sent me my passport since a month now !

So, you got a letter from them to send in your PP which you did. And you have not received it back from them from a month ago :( ???

Is it better is that we take the PP in pesonally & forgetting about the $15 sent to them?

sv2707 said:
Is it better is that we take the PP in pesonally & forgetting about the $15 sent to them?
Definitely, if you are not too far. I got my letter at the same time as Managal, but I took delivery personally 2 weeks back ( 15 minutes wait).

Oci- Cgi-ny

Where did you apply? Any updates on your OCI application status. I am a Srilankan national of INdian Origin too, I had applied for OCI in CGI-NY in Oct 2006. I received a call from CGI-NY today 12/26/06 stating that my documents have beeen returned by Delhi and that they cannot process my OCI because I am a Srilankan National. According to them I need to apply for my OCI from Srilanka and not from NY because I am a Srilankan National. Has anyone gone through the same experience. Is this true?

spprash said:
Iam a Srilankan national of Indian Origin residing in US. I had applied for Indian OCI to the CGI-NY on 6th March. But the status message in the mha site always reads as 'File Number is yet to be registered in concerned mission'. Its more than 2 months now and even my Money order has not been encached by the counsulate. Also the CGI did not respond to any of my emails or phone calls.

Is this delay acceptable or does it mean some issues with my application?