OCI Formfilling Help

rkumarcp

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

I just received my US Passport and now I am filling up the form for OCI. Please let me know what do I need to fill-up for Passport ISSUE PLACE. I checked in the passport and didn't find any specific place mentioned any where.

Thanks

Form Filling help for me too

I also need some help with form filling regarding Place of Issue and Place of Birth....I filled USA in Place of Issue (passport) and INDIA in Place of Birth....is that correct?

Also I filled the PART A online and it generated reference number but I cud not print it as I thought I cud save it and print in kinkos (dont have printer)...my question is do I need to reenter all the data and if it creates a new reference number is that ok?

any help is greatly appreciated....

USA I believe in the place of passport issued.

rkumarcp said:
Hello All,

I just received my US Passport and now I am filling up the form for OCI. Please let me know what do I need to fill-up for Passport ISSUE PLACE. I checked in the passport and didn't find any specific place mentioned any where.

Thanks

bsnl said:
I also need some help with form filling regarding Place of Issue and Place of Birth....I filled USA in Place of Issue (passport) and INDIA in Place of Birth....is that correct?

Also I filled the PART A online and it generated reference number but I cud not print it as I thought I cud save it and print in kinkos (dont have printer)...my question is do I need to reenter all the data and if it creates a new reference number is that ok?

any help is greatly appreciated....

USA - Place of issue
Birth place name, INDIA or INDIA - for place of birth

Go to online registration form and click Re-print form button at the end. You will be able to print your application after you enter the reference number and date of birth.

Here You Go

I did some search on the forum and got the reply...Please see this thread:

ClickMe

Here is summary of the thread:

--- What do we put in place of birth (part A, question 4 - "Place of Birth")? The online form is not allowing characters such as , or -. Do we put in the name of the city and country or just the country?
Put the names separated by spaces - CITY_NAME STATE_NAME COUNTRY_NAME

--- What do we put in the place of issue for the US passport (part A, question 9 - "Place of issue")? The US passports don't seem to have a "Place of Issue" similar to what we had in the Indian passport. Do we just put USA? or N/A?
The US passport does have a place of issue - either it says the name of issuing passport authority (e.g. New Orleans) or it says Department of State.
I had filled NEW ORLEANS for my son, and US DEPT OF STATE for myself.