OCI fees for 1 Adult plus 1 Minor applying as a family

ocioci

Registered Users (C)
Hello Members,

Me and my baby are US Citizens and applying for OCI as a family. I would like to know if I have to pay $282.70 (as mentioned on BLS india website) or pay $ 565.40 (282.70 times 2).

I am not understanding how much I have to pay for me and my baby.

My husband is Indian Citizen and Green Card holder. Does I need to include copy of his Indian passports + Green Card Copy because I am applying for OCI for my baby as well?

Members please help.

Regards,
Rashmi

Fees are for each applicant, children and adults pay same fees for OCI. Therefore you should pay 565.40.

Your husband's PP or green card copies are probably not required but he will have to sign the child's application.

Rashmi,

I am in an exactly same situation. BLS folks told me yesterday that you need to send separate money order/cert. check for each application: Adult OCI, Adult Renunciation Cert app. and Minor OCI as well three separate return envelopes!

That is, three checks: 282.70, 182.70 and 282.70 respectively.

I don't know if the application and its requirements have changed but in 2010 when I simultaneously applied for both mine and my minor son's OCI, my wife had to also sign the application form for my son and we also submitted copies of my wife's US passport pages as well.

I verified with BLS international that I have to pay $565.40. Thank you members for the input.

Hi All,

I am trying to apply for OCI for entire family (2 adults and 2 minors). I try to contact BLS service to find out document requirements and all using phone and email inquiry. Answer i got through email is different than answer i got over the phone. I am currently so confused about followings:

1) Do i need to submit two sets of forums as well as all requirements documents? (which means for two minor child i have to attache two copy of our (parents) current US passport and indian passports, their birth certificates...etc.. meaning totall of four copies of each documents between two child. Top of them for our self we also have to attache indian and us passport copies twice).
Having two sets of each required documents for each member creates very thick set of documents. not sure why would they want that many copies

Also each of the set do we need to selfattest each document?

2) The site says i can combine the fees but on phone representative says to send fees separately for each members of family

3) Prepaid self addressed envelop - Do i need to attache separate prepaid envelope for each family member.

I am very very confuse what to do and also how long will it take to finish entire process. I am going india second week of December so wonder if i submit this monday if all will be done on time?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1.) One set of application + supporting docs for each applicant. Even though the supporting docs may be the same for each child, since they are only photocopies, just add them.
Self-attestation - You can do it, but not required (based on my direct communication with the Vice-Consul@CGISF)

2.) Separate checks for each applicant (child or parent) is what I was told by BLS and what I had given, just makes it easy for them.

3.) BLS advised me to send separate self address envelope for each (I know it is ridiculous). If you are close to the Embassy/consulate, I recommend you just drop/pick up personally (that's what I did with a note attached mentioning that). My feeling is that since your trip is not immediate, sending just one envelope and attaching a note that the return envelope is for the entire family would be fine. Make sure it is a flat rate envelope.

1.) One set of application + supporting docs for each applicant. Even though the supporting docs may be the same for each child, since they are only photocopies, just add them.
Self-attestation - You can do it, but not required (based on my direct communication with the Vice-Consul@CGISF)

2.) Separate checks for each applicant (child or parent) is what I was told by BLS and what I had given, just makes it easy for them.

3.) BLS advised me to send separate self address envelope for each (I know it is ridiculous). If you are close to the Embassy/consulate, I recommend you just drop/pick up personally (that's what I did with a note attached mentioning that). My feeling is that since your trip is not immediate, sending just one envelope and attaching a note that the return envelope is for the entire family would be fine. Make sure it is a flat rate envelope.
Hi non_linear,
Did your status change on BLS and GOI website? Do you know what kind of status updates one has to expect on OCI?

Hi non_linear,
Did your status change on BLS and GOI website? Do you know what kind of status updates one has to expect on OCI?

Yes it did - "Under Process" on GoI and something similar to "At consulate" on BLS...

I am not sure what other status' is due on GoI..

Thanks so much for this info! This helped me a lot. Dropped off the application today, however, after dropping this i realized that i made typo in my daughter b'day :( I reviewed so many time and so my husband and some reason we did not catch that mistake that time but after sending just realize that :(

Any advice what to do now? Will that reject it? I wonder if i can call them and explain and if they will be able to update that if i give them file reference number?

Thanks so much for this info! This helped me a lot. Dropped off the application today, however, after dropping this i realized that i made typo in my daughter b'day :( I reviewed so many time and so my husband and some reason we did not catch that mistake that time but after sending just realize that :(

Any advice what to do now? Will that reject it? I wonder if i can call them and explain and if they will be able to update that if i give them file reference number?

Did you mail it, or drop it off personally? If you mailed it, they most likely will catch the error and if you had dropped it of personally and they have overlooked it, it might not be an issue unless the birth date is mentioned on OCI then it could be a problem. The chance of you getting hold of an BLS agent is pretty slim as their customer service is not that prompt from what I read. I wish you all the best for your final leg of this journey.

Did you mail it, or drop it off personally? If you mailed it, they most likely will catch the error and if you had dropped it of personally and they have overlooked it, it might not be an issue unless the birth date is mentioned on OCI then it could be a problem. The chance of you getting hold of an BLS agent is pretty slim as their customer service is not that prompt from what I read. I wish you all the best for your final leg of this journey.

I mailed it since dropping off personally need to take an appointment and next appointment available was in Sept so decided to mail it. I called this morning and agent said they can not do anything. If they reject it then i will need to fill out the form again and send it to them. He said he can not update it i just need to wait and see what happens.

I am not sure then what is the purpose of creating file numbers and if they can not even put note there with accessing files in their system :(

I will update here what happens next.

I mailed it since dropping off personally need to take an appointment and next appointment available was in Sept so decided to mail it. I called this morning and agent said they can not do anything. If they reject it then i will need to fill out the form again and send it to them. He said he can not update it i just need to wait and see what happens.

I am not sure then what is the purpose of creating file numbers and if they can not even put note there with accessing files in their system :(

I will update here what happens next.

Take an appointment just in case, as the BLS is very slow and by the time they send you back a response, your appointment will be due. I advise you to go with option of dropping it personally as it is more expedient.

Employer Name Missing in the OCI application

Hello: I forgot to include my Employer's name in the Employer Address box in the OCI application. I later found out after submitting the application that the employer name also needed to be mentioned along with the address. Did anyone have any experience with this? Please advise.
thanks
amvar

Hello: I forgot to include my Employer's name in the Employer Address box in the OCI application. I later found out after submitting the application that the employer name also needed to be mentioned along with the address. Did anyone have any experience with this? Please advise.
thanks
amvar
Hi amvar
I can tell you that no 2 experiences even of same person for same application would be alike. It really is 50/50 wether they detect this error or not and if they return the application for that reason. I hope and pray that they ignore it. All the best.