Oath Ceremonies in St. Paul / Minneapolis

ysu

Registered Users (C)
Any one been scheduled for a N-400 oath ceremony in March 2006 at St. Paul / Minneapolis ?
Thanks,
ysu

Is there no body who is from the St. Paul area who has oath scheduled in MArch 2006 ?

Friends,
Is there no body who is from the St. Paul area who has oath scheduled in March 2006 ?
If there is any body please share your time lines for Oath.
Thanks
ysu

St Paul, Minneapolis Oath

Waiting for oath letter from CIS. INterview on 10/26. Officer didn't say about name check. ONly gave the congratulation letter.

I dont know of any ceremony in march. THere was a big one in Feb. Please do share your when you get a letter. Mine is pending name check.

How did you find out that name check is pending

Hi,
I got the congratulations letter after the interview on 2/2/06. The officer told me that I will be scheduled for an Oath in February or in the next two months. I am not sure if My case is pending name check, so wanted to find out based on how you found out.
thanks for the info.
I will definitely let you know when I receive my oath intimation.
Thanks
Suresh

Suresh

Here is a link to citizenship ceremonies in MSP.

http://www.mnd.uscourts.gov/2006_naturalization.htm

What did your (1-2-1) congratulations letters say? Did the officer tell you how long before you are called for oath?

one2one said:
Waiting for oath letter from CIS. INterview on 10/26. Officer didn't say about name check. ONly gave the congratulation letter.

I dont know of any ceremony in march. THere was a big one in Feb. Please do share your when you get a letter. Mine is pending name check.

This is what I was given

I was given the N-652 form in which is checked you passsed the test of English and the US history and government. In the lower sections, the congratulatins, your applicatin ahs been recommended for approval is checked.
There is another paper which is attached with it which mentinoed you should receove a notice to appear for a naturalization ceremony in te near future.
the econd paper is stapled on top of the N-652.
My question how do we know if ther is a name check pending as mentioned in the previous messages.
Thanks for any help,
Suresh

My understanding is that if you had not cleared name check you would not have received the congratulations letter.

Can you please post your time line?
thanks.

ysu said:
I was given the N-652 form in which is checked you passsed the test of English and the US history and government. In the lower sections, the congratulatins, your applicatin ahs been recommended for approval is checked.
There is another paper which is attached with it which mentinoed you should receove a notice to appear for a naturalization ceremony in te near future.
the econd paper is stapled on top of the N-652.
My question how do we know if ther is a name check pending as mentioned in the previous messages.
Thanks for any help,
Suresh

Hello BrB
Here is my timeline:
9/6/05 - Sent N-400 Application and documents
9/7/05 - Received by USCUS Nebraska and is the priority date.
9/13/05 - Received Receipt of the application
9/26/05 - Received Fingure Printing notice.
10/29/05 - Finger Printing done and results validated and sent back by FBI same day
12/02/05 - Interview notice received
02/02/06 - Interview done and passed.
??/??/???? - Oath appointment received
??/??/???? - Oath taken and became Citizen of United states
Hope this helps,
Suresh

brb2 said:
Suresh

Here is a link to citizenship ceremonies in MSP.

http://www.mnd.uscourts.gov/2006_naturalization.htm

What did your (1-2-1) congratulations letters say? Did the officer tell you how long before you are called for oath?

I got the recommended for approval checked. In fact the officer said that I should get my oath letter within 2 weeks.
No letter over 4 motnhs since interview. Checked with the bloomington office twice and name check is causing the delay. Common name.

one2one said:
I got the recommended for approval checked. In fact the officer said that I should get my oath letter within 2 weeks.
No letter over 4 motnhs since interview. Checked with the bloomington office twice and name check is causing the delay. Common name.

Is that a chinese or Muslim common name?

one2one said:
Its a Muslim name. Also, officer didn't say that name check pending. he said that oath letter in 2 weeks.

Unfortunately, it is very likely that you are stuck in the name check queue.
I would suggest that since you have completed the 120 days after interview time period, you should file a writ of mandamus to bring the issue to a resolution. The senate is considering Senator Specter's bill which will remove this clause from law. You could be in this very same situation even a year later if you don't act now. Look up the links how to file one yourself, and act while you still have that option.
Good luck.

Thanks YSU.
Please keep us posted regarding your oath letter and ceremony.

ysu said:
Hello BrB
Here is my timeline:
9/6/05 - Sent N-400 Application and documents
9/7/05 - Received by USCUS Nebraska and is the priority date.
9/13/05 - Received Receipt of the application
9/26/05 - Received Fingure Printing notice.
10/29/05 - Finger Printing done and results validated and sent back by FBI same day
12/02/05 - Interview notice received
02/02/06 - Interview done and passed.
??/??/???? - Oath appointment received
??/??/???? - Oath taken and became Citizen of United states
Hope this helps,
Suresh

How did you check your status twice with the Bloomington office. Did you call and talk over the phone or did you go through the infopass appointment ?
Thanks,
Suresh

I checked the status personally via infopass appointments. I have called and place status check request twice with the national customer service line as well. Bloomington office seems very efficient in resonding and processing. Its the name check that is causing delay. Thanks brb for the advise. I am seriuosly considering it. And will wait another week and go for it. Even the interviewing officer higlighted this on his reply to one of my status check request that i filed over the customer service phone line that i have an option to file it after 120 days of the invertview.
Please keep us posted all in st paul.