O1 rec. letter template

NewReadyToHelp

Registered Users (C)
I haven't visited this forum as often as the other ones.

But here is the template I mentioned in one of my posts.

Sample Letter from a Peer for Documenting Extraordinary Ability and Major Contributions to the Field for O-1 Non-immigrant Visas or Extraordinary Ability Permanent Residency Cases Letter Must Be Printed on Letterhead of the Writer

--- Template start ------
(Date)

Use the proper center
Example:
U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service
Vermont Service Center
St. Albans, VT 05479

To Whom It May Concern:

I.) Identify yourself by name and title. To provide evidence of your ability to review and evaluate XXX YYYY`s significant contributions to his/her field of endeavor, summarize your credentials as a professor/researcher, etc… in the same field at the University of (or government agency, research organization, etc.). Append your full curriculum vitae and briefly discuss the specific area of expertise that qualifies you to make an assessment of this individual's work.

II.) Describe how you came to know this individual (and or his/her work) and your relationship to him (if any). Briefly review what you know of his career and the focus of his/her research activities in the specific field.

III.) Provide a detailed description of his/her significant contributions to the field. This should include the significance of the contribution in lay, but detailed terms, such as "what can we do now that we could not before, what do we know now as a result of his/her work, what is the state of the science now as a result?" Also discuss the implications and potential applications of his/her work. Cite his/her publications, papers and presentations in this area and comment on the publication of the work within the specific academic community.

IV.) Conclude with a statement evaluating the qualify of the work/research/contribution to the field and indicate your support of the application for (O-1 non-immigrant status and/or U.S. permanent residency).

Signature

----- End template -----