NZ PhD Student Visa, 5 Month Processing time

I along with my advisor are utterly disappointed with the ultra-inefficiency of Immigration NZ's work culture and procedures. They usually answer me every-time within 48 hours when i email them through their online help facility. They should reply you soon. Did you email them, last thursday in the last week?

All guys waiting for their visa, please don't lose hope. "Hope is the single best invention of Life."

@brain
Thanks for the information , yes last week Thursday, I guess it was 12.11.2009. They did'nt replied.
U got any help from ur university to resolve this visa delay???

@doglover, nope man...University didn't reply to my email. In either way, their email to the Immigration Department won't do me no good... I am keeping my fingers crossed. As soon as my visa comes, i would celebrate it in the forum here, with you guys... :)

@brain
Ur supervisor can help u , by posting an e mail/ fax on his letter head, but it will hardly makes any difference to their processing time frame.

Guys, I just heard from my visa officer. She replied me this

"Dear XYZ

Thank you for your email. I understand your position and apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.

However, your application is going through the standard verification process. I cannot give you a timeframe on this and can only recommend that you ask your Supervisor if they will consider extending the scholarship date to next year.

Yes, at this time you have submitted all the required information.

I hope this email assists you in some way. I will be in contact with you as soon as I hear a response.

Yours sincerely
Immigration Officer"

I have already waited for around 6 months now and i don't know how long i have to wait more. I still have to wait for some more time. I have simply kept my fingers crossed.

Please share your thoughts in here. Thanks, brainxplode

@brain
Really buddy i don't have any thing to say now 4 u , Just pray pray and pray, i am really feeling feeling for u , By hearing that I am disappointed like any thing

@brian. I also got the same reply that your application is under standard verification. I am also fed up of this waiting . . . . :mad: But can't do anything. I can just pray for the best for all of us.

What about others update except brian?

Guys, come on...plz... keep this discussion thread active. plz post your NZ student visa (preferably PhD visas) experiences...it would help all of us tremendously.. thanks, brainxplode

Hi everyone..

I got that on November 5, 2009 New zealand government decided from November 30, 2009 onward lot of new changes new zealand immigration changes 'll come for consideration. but i did not get any information for student visa applications ... I provided link below . Yesterday I sent mail to my visa officer and She replied me in same manner that your documents are going under their standard verification process. So keep patience , after to get return response. I'll contact U again. My documents was sent for verification on November 9, 2009

@forevermark

I am also getting the same response from Officer that my docs are under verification. There is no information available regarding the verification time. I searched a lot but no information has been found. So if some one has information regarding that then plz share with us on this forum.

Still hoping for the best !!!

Plz keep this forum updated regarding ur updates.

@explodesh

@explodesh.... I am having this intuitive feeling that we would get to hear from the Immigration Department regarding our visa by the second week of December, 2009. Untill then, lets keep our fingers crossed. :)) and yes, pray to God. :)

I have nothing to add to this thread since I am not a prospective student bound for NZ, but I am really surprised to see how lengthy the process is. It seems to be more bureaucratic than a US or Canadian student visa. I wish the best to all of you waiting!!!

@Triple Citizen, its true that getting a NZ student visa (PhD) is more bureaucratic than getting a US/Canadian visa. While a US student visa takes a few minutes to get approved and a Canadian visa takes about a fortnight, NZ student visa takes 6 months and still all of us dreaming. I think effective PhD students who have leadership qualities within them should raise their voice against this insanely time-taking PhD visa approval process.

I support the idea of complaining about the process but at the end of the day, the government of NZ can come back and simply iterate the fact that foreign students may be given the privilege to enter NZ, but they have no right to enter NZ at will. Just playing devil's advocate here.

I think effective PhD students who have leadership qualities within them should raise their voice against this insanely time-taking PhD visa approval process.