NZ PhD Student Visa, 5 Month Processing time

Hi guys, my student visa application was sent on 8th of October, I received an email today from my INZ in Bangkok through my immigration consultant that an initial assessment of my application had been completed that my health result would be sent to Health Assessment Team in Wellington for further review due to abnormalities in my report and that could that about 6 weeks to receive a response. Can anyone advice me the implication of this on my application? I was not informed if my application has been assigned to a Case Officer, please advice me on this. Thanks.

Hi joseph,

Don't worry about this step taken by Immi. If they found some abnormalities then they will definitely check further on your reports. If only your health reports is forwarded to Wellington then you need to wait a little. Once they approve your application on grounds of your health report, you will receive you passport back and all the documents will be sent to IPB in wellington for further processing. Please note that after all these steps your application will be placed in managed queue for allotment of case officer in wellington. Once it has been allotted you will receive email from your case officer. They may ask you for further documents or additional information form. I am not sure but if something is wrong with your medical reports then they may ask you to show evidence of medical cover/insurance or proper funds for your health cover. Rest is completely fine, until and unless your health problem doesn't comes in serious diseases which may affect their own citizens.

Regards,
Rahul

Hi Vaidyaraj,

Once your application is reviewed in Immi NZ Mumbai. It will be sent to Wellington for further processing and your passport will be sent back to you before your application sent to Immigration profiling branch (IPB) in wellington. You need to wait a little until case officer allotment for your visa application. You will be notified once case officer consider your visa application. You will be asked to send "Additional information document" to IPB with other documents if required. I hope you have submitted PCC with your visa application issued by your regional passport office?. Minimum time you can expect in this process is 2 and a half months and at max it can take upto 10-12 months depending on managed queue.

Regards,
Rahul
Dear Rahul, Thanks for your kind information.

Upon my request for update regrading my PhD Student visa application, Supervisor at Immigration New Zealand Contact Center of India replied on 28 October 2015 that my visa application has been forwarded to the Immigration New Zealand,Mumbai and is currently under process. Supervisor further said that once a decision is made, my documents would be sent to my communication address.

By the way, what do you mean by PCC? Is it Police Report?Please make me clear

Hi joseph,

Don't worry about this step taken by Immi. If they found some abnormalities then they will definitely check further on your reports. If only your health reports is forwarded to Wellington then you need to wait a little. Once they approve your application on grounds of your health report, you will receive you passport back and all the documents will be sent to IPB in wellington for further processing. Please note that after all these steps your application will be placed in managed queue for allotment of case officer in wellington. Once it has been allotted you will receive email from your case officer. They may ask you for further documents or additional information form. I am not sure but if something is wrong with your medical reports then they may ask you to show evidence of medical cover/insurance or proper funds for your health cover. Rest is completely fine, until and unless your health problem doesn't comes in serious diseases which may affect their own citizens.

Regards,
Rahul

Thanks Rahul for your robust response. I pray all works out fine.

I have applied for student visa supporting my PhD admission with full scholarship. My application was sent to ipb on 30 Oct. Any help when it will be alloted to visa officer??
By when I can expect VISA my joining is on 1 february

Hii Everyone
I am from India, I applied for a Student VISA at INZ Bombay branch on 29th july 2015, it got processed there for 2 months then was ent to IBP New zealand for processing where i was asked to various other details including INZ 1200 form on on Oct 19 . they also asked me to provide solid proof of my funding. meanwhile I left my job as a researcher at ISRO. I am still waiting for my VISA application status ans there is no reply from them its been 4 months already. I was supposed to visit Antarctica for mt research field trip on January and now i think it will get cancelled for an year. I am seen lot of people here facing the same issue. Please let me know what is teh time frame when i can expect the procesing to be done, cause it is really turning into a frustrating issue because i have suffer a huge set back for my VISA in my research work.

Dear Rahul, Thanks for your kind information.

Upon my request for update regrading my PhD Student visa application, Supervisor at Immigration New Zealand Contact Center of India replied on 28 October 2015 that my visa application has been forwarded to the Immigration New Zealand,Mumbai and is currently under process. Supervisor further said that once a decision is made, my documents would be sent to my communication address.

By the way, what do you mean by PCC? Is it Police Report?Please make me clear

Hii vaidyaraj,

PCC is police clearance certificate. you can get it from local passport office, where you need to take an online date for submitting the application they will call you up on passport office and a police verification will be done in your address its a matter of 14 days max and you will get the PCC from your passport office.

Hii Mac

which dept are you joining... when did you apply for your VISA.. its been 4 months since i applied for my visa.. no progress yet as such
Hii,

I will be joining civil engineering department. I have applied for Visa on 28 Oct and got email few weeks back regarding additional documents after that no update.

Hii,

I will be joining civil engineering department. I have applied for Visa on 28 Oct and got email few weeks back regarding additional documents after that no update.
okk I will be joining dept of Geography but will be working at center for atmospheric research and gateway Antarctica... I already missed my joining date it wa son 1st pf sept 2015.. m early waiting for some news... I happen to provide the additional docs to IPB on 9th of November.... did you get any updates after that....

No...no updates after that. I tried emailing them but they will not respond to your query at all.
For you external verification check was initiated???
Or you have not received any email regarding the same

I got a mail that they did my initial assessment .
. asked for the documents and now last update they provided is ,its queuing up for being assigned to a case officer...
. do you have any idea what they do for external verification...
They do reply me when i ask them .. its been two three times i wasnt answered but they later answered i keep on mailing them .... :p

I hope we will get the VISA cleared at the same time...its quite frustrating...
Which country are you from???
Sorry,
No idea regarding the verification check. Last they asked me for documents with a deadline and said that once initial assessment is compketed they will initiate external verification check but after that no response till now. Try asking them current status as your application already took four months.

yeah I already did last week I got the update it being stacked up for being assigned to case officer.. My application was being handled for 2 month in INZ mumbai branch after that it was sent to IBP and the things started rolling after that...

Thanks mac for responding.. it been great talking to you.. hope to catch up with you at Canterbury next year... do keep me update about the progress on your apllicaton.. have a great day ... tata

yeah I already did last week I got the update it being stacked up for being assigned to case officer.. My application was being handled for 2 month in INZ mumbai branch after that it was sent to IBP and the things started rolling after that...

My application was there at INZ for 2 days then it took 18 days for ipb to ackhnowledge the receipt of file. They work really in very slow manner

I have applied for student visa supporting my PhD admission with full scholarship. My application was sent to ipb on 30 Oct. Any help when it will be alloted to visa officer??
By when I can expect VISA my joining is on 1 february
Hii Mac12345,
Did you get VISA officer allotted for ur application? For me IPB has initiated external verification/Third party verification on Nov-02-2015 and still it's going on.