NY SESA....when will it move..???

RIR-30th April 2001: I got a query asking for more advertisements.

Hi Folks,

I have an RIR applied on 30 April 2001. I got a query last week asking to do more advertisements for 3-4 months. It's pretty unusual since I haven't personally seen it happening. Could anyone share any experiences they may have shared or heard?

Looking at the situation that I am in, any comments whether its a good sign or bad sign towards getting my LC approved?

Please comment/advise.

Regards,
MG

did you guys waited for 6 months last time when you advertised in papers?
honestly i don't know anything about this, but i would say this is definitely not a bad sign. because they did not ask for any layoffs or other things in your company.

Yes, we did wait for more than 6 months while the advertisements were put out.

What I find wierd is that we have been asked to advertise now, after more than 2 years since the first advertisements were put out? The situation then and now are completely different. I have gathered more than 3 years of experience since then. So should my company be advertising for a position which includes these additional 3 years? The market scene now does not even remotely resemble the market scene then!!

Here is the most funny part, my lawyer is asking for $3000 to do these advertisements. Frankly, how much does it take to advertise for a position for 3-4 months??

Thanks for your comments,
MG

MG1974

Given the weak economy - the DOL can ask for aditional ads. to prove that there are no US workers in this economy. Secondly, your experience, skills etc. when you joined matter and the intervening period does not matter. May not seem fair, but that is the rule of the game that we play by.

BTW - was your case mailed on 4/30/01 or was it received on 4/30/01.

Good News???

"Please note that for purposes of an LC, it is up to the DOL to issue instructions as to whether a postmark by April 30, 2001 is enough. Based upon presentations by the government agencies at the American Immigration Lawyers Association Spring Conference on March 23, 2001, it appears that the DOL requires the LC be actually, physically received and stamped in by the state labor office on or before April 30, 2001"

This is from an immigration lawyers web site - if meg1974's lc was actually received after 4/30/01, then s/he may be the first case witnessed on this board atleast that comes after the 245(i) bulge.

Jrinny: Point noted about the additional advertisements.

Per my lawyer, the receipt date for my LC is 30 April 2001 so i would assume that the application was received on 30 April 2001.

LATEST ON MY CASE:

Labor filed RIR - 30 April 2001

I called the regional office automated telephone and here is the automated message I got (may not be the exact wordings, but close to it):

" The regional office received this case with DOT-0XX.XXX.XXX on December 4, 2002. A Notice of Finding was issued on December 12, 2002. A response is expected by January 16, 2003."

If you read my previous messages I've mentioned that the Notice of Findings is to advertise for 3 months more.

My question is:
1. Does this mean that the SWA has cleared the case and forwarded it to the Regional office for the final approval.?

2. If yes how close am I to get my LC approved?

I hope this information that I've posted helps others, like me, who are anxiously waiting to hear something back from the dreaded Labor dept.

Numbers

Is there any contact numbers available for New York LC department. I am looking for state level. Thanks in advance for help

May01

I spoke to my attorney and she updated me that NY is working on May 01 RIR's as of this week. DOL site still indicates that they are working on April 01 cases. If she is correct this is a good news, anyone else hearing this?

yuteri said

MD:04/11/2001
AD:10/23/2002
RIR/NY/EB3

What MD means? Does that mean NY state level right now processing May Cases. If so this is good news.