NVC says case completed. What does it mean?

VFS@Mumbai and submitting documents

Hi,

I am present in US mainland and have submitted all papers (GS28, 230 Part I & II etc) to NVC and waiting to hear from NVC on the status.

I read on VFS Website that I need to submit all the documents (including Medical Reports) at least 10 days in advance.

Considering 10 day of minimum duration and a day for Medical examination, I need to be physically present in India at least 11 days before the interview date with US Consulate in Mumbai.

Is that correct ?
OR
Is there a way that all documents can be submitted with less than 10 days remaining for the interview with consulate ?

Please advise.

Thanks as always.

It might. Montreal (Canada) and some other consulates (countries) are in the category where you submit all the docs to NVC and NVC schedules the interview for you. Whereas for most other consulates, one submits only I864 and DS230 part 1 to NVC, the consulate schedules the interview and most of the docs are to be taken to consulate at the time of interview.

You can call NVC and check.

Yes, you are correct. I submitted all the documents to NVC only. Are you saying that my message will not change? As the recorded message tells me to wait for 8 weeks for further instructions, can I call them in 5 weeks and ask?

Hi,

I am present in US mainland and have submitted all papers (GS28, 230 Part I & II etc) to NVC and waiting to hear from NVC on the status.

I read on VFS Website that I need to submit all the documents (including Medical Reports) at least 10 days in advance.

Considering 10 day of minimum duration and a day for Medical examination, I need to be physically present in India at least 11 days before the interview date with US Consulate in Mumbai.

Is that correct ?
OR
Is there a way that all documents can be submitted with less than 10 days remaining for the interview with consulate ?

Please advise.

Thanks as always.

Hmmm... Things are different for me. We submitted only 230 part I to NVC. As per my knowledge you have to submit everything to MUmbai consulate 10 working days in advance including the medicals and PCC. If that is true for you also, you should have been in Mumbai right now and submitted everything today. If I were you, I would contact Mumbai consulate today itself and clarify everything. when did NVC send your case to Mumbai consulate and when did you get Packet4. Did you Mumbai consulate also send a email confirming the interview date earlier?

very hopeful,
what documents has to be submitted to vfs? do we have to submit all approval notices, w-2's , 941's, pay stubs etc at the time of when we submit papers at vfs or we have to carry them with us at the time of interview? my interview is on 14 may. i am little confused. please state me in clear terms.
thanks in advance.
rbv

when did NVC send your case to Mumbai consulate and when did you get Packet4? Did you Mumbai consulate also send a email confirming the interview date earlier?

These are documents required as per VFS website:

Passport: photocopy of the biopages of the current passport and a copy of the observation
page or previous U.S visa pages (if any).
Photograph*
Biographic Data Forms: DS230 Part I and II
Birth Certificate: original and photocopy*
Marriage Certificate: original and photocopy
Divorce Decree for all previous marriages: original and photocopy
Death Certificate: original and photocopy
Proof of Relationship
Police Reports: original
Foreign Police Certificates: original
Deportation Records
Prison Records
Military Records
Affidavit of Support (I-864 with attachments): original
Affidavit of Support (I-864A with attachments, if applicable): original
Copy of Affidavit of Support (I-864 / I-864A) (F category only, for each family member)
DS-156
DS-156K
Affidavit of Support (I-134 with attachments): original
Job Offer letter from Employer in the United States: original
Medical Report*
* Required for all applicants.

Yes, you are correct. I submitted all the documents to NVC only. Are you saying that my message will not change? As the recorded message tells me to wait for 8 weeks for further instructions, can I call them in 5 weeks and ask?

As I wrote earlier the process for Montreal may be different from Mumbai. I do not know whether your message will change or not.

You can call NVC any time and try to find out what the status is and what the next step will be.

visa for the spouse

hi,

I have applied I-130 for my husband on june 2003..NVC approved my case on sept 2005...On april 30, 2007 they send me the Affidavit of support fee bill form and copy of change of agent forms which i received today:)...

Can someone advice me of how long does it take from now on till my husband get his visa...He is gonna go to chennai consulate for visa processing...
I have called up NVC today but they said they wont be able to give me a timeframe...
Its been almost 4yrs now and i am eagerly waiting for all the paperworks..
Do u think he will get the visa in less than a year???
Thanx a lot in advance

The company filed my I-140 10 months back was taken over by another company last month. As my case is now complete with NVC and I am waiting for my CP interview, will it be a problem to show the appointment letter from the new company? Do I have to show some additional documents from internet to prove that my company name is changed as it is taken over by new company.

My case with NVC was approved on May 2, 2007. Does anyone know how long until an interview letter will be sent to us. The interview is in Cuidad Juarez and my PD is current.

I called NVC today and they said that the scheduleing of interviews is the first two weeks of the month. My case was completed April 24th 2007 and I didnt make the cut for June interviews, so I'm hoping it wont go past July. If it is in July, we'll know no later than the first two weeks of June. Apperantly there will be a different recording on the automated system stating the case has been sent to Cuidad Juarez. I hope this helps. What do you know about the vaccinations? If the person doesnt have them do you know if they'll be delayed???

Daisy

got visa

i got visa and entered usa last week. everythiing is fine thanks a lot to all who helped me. all the best to everyone!

what is PD? Haw i can find out if my date is current?

Hi everyone
My case is closed in november 19-th 2007.I called automated machine at nvc and is still same message that the case is being closed but no news about the transfer of the case at consulate in Albania.
My question is ;IF I wait 8 weeks for further info as the automated machine tells me is it gonna be to late?
My agent in America is going to Albania soon and is impossible for me to know any updates about the interwiev date from my agent.So what do you think is the best way to keep track of interwiev dates haw is going so at least to have any idea when is gonna be my turn.Haw it works with this PD?
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

This thread is soo seful for me at the moment....my case have been completed since march 7th....my husband's embassy is in the UAE (United Arab Emirates) do you have any idea how long would it take to be transferred there?

NVC message says "Case completed" on March 17th 2008

My interview suppose to be in Montreal. I will post any updates I am getting.

Update May 8th 2008:

After 8 weeks after my "Case completed" message, I called again and the operator told me that the interview will be on June 5th in Montreal. Also that a week ago one letter was sent to the applicant in USA and one to beneficiary in Canada. I did not get any of those letters yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi! My case was approved in Jun 2006 then moved to NVC. last month i received an email stating that employr A back out so we need to re file a new visa petetion using OLD PRIORITY DATE. Everytime I call NVC, the automated machine says " we are waiting for biographic form fr your atty." I assume this is updated DS 230. But since we have to re-file a new visa petetion, how long will it take for that to be approved using OLD PD.my old Priority date is NOV 2005 (w/c is current).