NVC message

bulandhausla

Registered Users (C)
Hello Alren and other CP Gurus -

NVC received the fees on 9/20/04 and today on 10/1 the message stated that NVC is awaiting to receive the biographic forms from the lawyer. Does that mean that NVC has already sent the biographic forms (P3) to the lawyer, because my lawyer has not received the forms.

Thanks,

BH

bulandhausla,

I am still waiting for that msg myself :) but from what i have heard from others on this forum...sounds like they are waiting for u/ur lawyer to send the pkt 3 back. do check with ur lawyer to see if they have recd it. Is it a big law firm? is ur lawyer on vacation?

Hey Praytx,

My consulate is Mumbai. What abt you?

BH

praytx said:
bulandhausla,

I am still waiting for that msg myself :) but from what i have heard from others on this forum...sounds like they are waiting for u/ur lawyer to send the pkt 3 back. do check with ur lawyer to see if they have recd it. Is it a big law firm? is ur lawyer on vacation?

mine shud be Mumbai also. we had even provided this info on the 140 application but they have decided to asign as Madras (Chennai). so we have followed up with a request to change...they have recd the request but have not taken any action on it yet.

so, hopefully, they change it to Mumbai !

our case was created 8/23/04 but still havent got all the fee bills. we are three applicants and they only sent two fee bills. so we are waiting for the third fee bill.

Bulandusala

We just passed that stage,
the message means
"your P3 is on its way to Lawyer"

Answer to your next probable question :)

It takes about 7-9 days date of change message to reach lawyer

Then you send P3 back

In 7-9 days message changes to

We have recd the p3 from lawyer we will review in 6-8 weeks
(im in this stage now)
from the recent processing of Sanjay and Sam (refer cptracker.com)
it takes another 7-10 days for status to change to
your case has been sent to <consulate name>

Hope this will keep you busy for the next 30days

Hi partyx,

Did your lawyer send the request for change of Consulte or did you send it? Please let me know what needs to be done. I am in the same boat, my I140 was cleared with Mumbai as the consulate, I had requested for Chennai.

thanks

hi srinivasg,

looks like they got our cases crossed :eek:

anyway, in my case the lawyer sent a fax directly to the NVC with a copy of the 140 application explicitly requesting 'Mumbai consulate' and copies of past H1B stamps in the PP showing 'issuing location as Mumbai'.

and they are still reviewing it...today is 3 weeks since the request.

Hi CP gurus,

My lawyers told me that they normally submit the copies of documents such as birth, marriage certificates, PCC with Packet 3. Is it normal? Thanks.

explorer_inc said:
Hi CP gurus,

My lawyers told me that they normally submit the copies of documents such as birth, marriage certificates, PCC with Packet 3. Is it normal? Thanks.
Some attorneys want to make sure that all the reqd. documents are there and hence would like to send the copies along with P3. If you have it no harm in sending it out.