NVC message meaning.

forsms2002

Registered Users (C)
Hi there gurus,

Mine is a normal CP case and I am in India.

a few days back (i.e on April 6) I checked with the NVC phone line and it was telling "The NVC received the document on March 28, 2004. Please allow 6-8 weeks from this date to review. The NVC will notify the outcome of your case once decided"

Now the message says "Your case was completed on April 19, 2004. Please allow 8 weeks from this date for further instructions. If it has been 8 weeks from this date, please
enquire"

What does this mean? Is the case complete with NVC? is this in the process of getting transferred to Mumbai Consulate? or this 8 week thing is something different?

Requesting EAGERLY (as I have not yet got my PCC from Crime branch ) for reply and thanks in advance.

Originally posted by forsms2002

What does this mean? Is the case complete with NVC? is this in the process of getting transferred to Mumbai Consulate? or this 8 week thing is something different?

Exactly what you posted in your Q. I have italicized the answer

forsms:

It appears from your posting that your packet 3 review is completed by NVC and they are in the process of mailing the reviewed packet to the consulate. If above is true (you had mailed the packet 3 to nvc for review) then you can expect cp interview in about 2.5-3 months.

Originally posted by forsms2002
Hi there gurus,

Mine is a normal CP case and I am in India.

a few days back (i.e on April 6) I checked with the NVC phone line and it was telling "The NVC received the document on March 28, 2004. Please allow 6-8 weeks from this date to review. The NVC will notify the outcome of your case once decided"

{This message means your file is being reviewed}

Now the message says "Your case was completed on April 19, 2004. Please allow 8 weeks from this date for further instructions. If it has been 8 weeks from this date, please
enquire"

{This means the review is finished and they are ready to
send the file to the Consulate. They normally despatch
it within a week of completion of review. You can send
an email to the Consulate sometime end of next week
to get the confirmation}

{As above}
Requesting EAGERLY (as I have not yet got my PCC from Crime branch ) for reply and thanks in advance.

{my responses}

Raju