• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Number of 2NLs sent per region.

18,904 visas for EU were good for a grand total of 18,904/0.3519 = 53,720 visas while the 22,703 for AF fit into a total of 22,703/0.4477 = 50,710. Remembering the emergency stop they applied to EU region and since I doubt that they intend to issue 53,720 visas, I assume they screwed EU region first -- not realising before the publication of June VB that the issuance of EU visas was barreling along too fast.
Or do you think a total of 53k+ is possible?

Last edited:
18,904 visas for EU were good for a grand total of 18,904/0.3519 = 53,720 visas while the 22,703 for AF fit into a total of 22,703/0.4477 = 50,710. Remembering the emergency stop they applied to EU region and since I doubt that they intend to issue 53,720 visas, I assume they screwed EU region first -- not realising before the publication of June VB that the issuances of EU visas was barreling along too fast.
Or do you think a total of 53k+ is possible?

I think 53+k was possible - my take is that they stopped EU pretty much where they wanted (perhaps a slight overfilling through momentum) and underfilled AF. They were issuing visas until the last day in AF region - so I am assuming they could have squeezed a few more in. I'm not sure how the last minute communication gets handled of when the brakes are slammed oon, but in theory there must be some guesswork involved. Remember all scheduled CP interviews have a visa "allocated" to them, but there are also refusals. That is easy to cope with in months 1 to 11, but month 12 represents a challenge.