NSC Update on Asylee Adjustments

alanpero2

Registered Users (C)
This is a note published today in AILA website re asylee adjustments. They say Nov 16 1999 now, that is a progress really.

NSC Processing Time Update on Asylee Adjustments

Cite as "Posted on AILA InfoNet at Doc. No. 03081116 (Aug. 11, 2003) ."

The Nebraska Service Center, which has sole jurisdiction over asylee adjustments, has advised AILA that they are currently processing asylee adjustment cases filed on or before 11/16/99.

Originally posted by alanpero2
This is a note published today in AILA website re asylee adjustments. They say Nov 16 1999 now, that is a progress really.

NSC Processing Time Update on Asylee Adjustments

Cite as "Posted on AILA InfoNet at Doc. No. 03081116 (Aug. 11, 2003) ."

The Nebraska Service Center, which has sole jurisdiction over asylee adjustments, has advised AILA that they are currently processing asylee adjustment cases filed on or before 11/16/99.

Wow, so they jumped 9 months this fiscal year. Remember they were supposed to only stop at feb 99. Gilbert, does this mean that they are using unused visas? They may have got an authorization or something

Next fiscal year

Maybe what it means, is that they're preparing cases (FPs, etc) for next fiscal year up to Nov/99.
Does it make any sense?

Have anybody filing i-485 after Feb/99 received an approval letter? This fiscal year ends in just a little bit more than one month.

Re: Next fiscal year

Originally posted by cookiemonster
Maybe what it means, is that they're preparing cases (FPs, etc) for next fiscal year up to Nov/99.
Does it make any sense?

Have anybody filing i-485 after Feb/99 received an approval letter? This fiscal year ends in just a little bit more than one month.
If they say that they are CURRENTLY processsing these cases, this may mean that they are doing now and not will do it then. I really think that they are trying to repair the damage that they have done by not utilizing visas. they may want to ease the backlog or something.

Re: Next fiscal year

Does it make any sense?

Nov 99 would certainly be great news for many of us.

Like someone said fiscal year ends pretty soon and I am worried because I have filed in March 99, FP in April 03 and have received no news from BCIS since then.

Re: Re: NSC Update on Asylee Adjustments

Originally posted by shamshon
Wow, so they jumped 9 months this fiscal year. Remember they were supposed to only stop at feb 99. Gilbert, does this mean that they are using unused visas? They may have got an authorization or something

Perhaps they have denied a huge number of cases based on flimsy excuses.

usa2002,

continuing on the same thought there is a possibility that we are witnessing a spike in Request for Evidences and since there is always a time delay associated with requested evidence and by the time it is submitted it may mean that are able to start processing on more applications...

By the way starting the process is a good thing....

Rasylee, Please keep us updated on your progress and RFE. Thanks and Good luck in obtaining your freedom from this lovely country!

Little while ago I posted this note also:
NSC Update on I-485s
Some good news for people in this forum:

NSC Update on I-485s, I-765s and I-131s

Cite as "Posted on AILA InfoNet at Doc. No. 03073141 (July 31, 2003) ."

NSC PROCESSING TIPS AND INFORMATION:

Employment Based I-485 Adjustment Cases:

On a recent conference call with the NSC, they indicated that, for the remainder of fiscal year 2003, there will be a very limited number of officers assigned to employment-based adjustment cases. The remaining officers who normally work employment-based adjustment cases will be working on asylum-based and religious worker adjustment cases. The July 15, 2003 processing time report showed that NSC was processing asylum-based adjustment cases with receipt dates on or before 4/1/99.

My guess is that now that we are closer to the end of the current FY, they realize that they need to concentrate efforts to get closer to the 10 k approval quota for asylees.
Also it might be happening that they are finding less I-485 applications than the number they were projecting to find with "approvable status" and they are preparing the road to expedite the approvals for the next FY.
The unused visas in past years are basically lost. BCIS has no legal authority to approve more than 10,000 to compensate the ones not approved in previous years.

my RD is 7/14/99 and ND 9/29/99 but haven't heard anything yet, I also applied for RTD RD 4/16/03 and nothing yet.
when should I start to worry? or contact BCIS?

It looks like they're really working in cases up to Nov 16 on this fiscal year.

Anybody in this forum who filed after Feb/99 received approval notice?

Thanks

I have 3/ 99 RD but haven't heard anything since I did my FP.
Siddig, don't worry, I am sure your turn will also come soon.

Ok, here is what happened,
I called the NSCS and I talked to an operator who didn't know anything but was nice enough and to let me walk him through BCIS website and have him read the notice. he changed my address for me and transfered me to an IIO who didn't have a clue and took 1/2 an hour to find my case number,
bottom line she took all information and forwarded them to Nebrasca and said they would respond to me within 30 days.

did any one had a similar experience?