• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

November VB Released DV2015

That was exactly my scenario - and yes my number was 2014EU314XX. I got my notice that we had got through the 2013 H1B lottery just one day before we got the DV lottery win result. There is no need to delay the DS-260 for the H1B to kick in - the H1 is a dual intent visa. Given the timing of last year I would say you can be pretty confident of doing AoS with your number. I was current in June, but only missed May by a few hundred. Starting AoS is pretty safe - although as you probably know, ran into a bit of bureaucratic BS that caused me more stress than it should have been. I'm sure yours will be fine!!!

Can you please direct me to the H1B lottery. I cannot find any other Visa lottery than DV.

Thanks!

Can you please direct me to the H1B lottery. I cannot find any other Visa lottery than DV.

Thanks!
It's not a lottery the way DV is. It is a skilled worker visa which requires a US company to sponsor you. They got too many applications, so selected the requisite number via a lottery.

It's not a lottery the way DV is. It is a skilled worker visa which requires a US company to sponsor you. They got too many applications, so selected the requisite number via a lottery.

Thanks Susie, so first one has to find a job.

I was looking for alternatives as my number is so high (AS16xxx) and if AS2015 copies AS2014 then I wouldn't stand a chance.

Thanks Susie, so first one has to find a job.

I was looking for alternatives as my number is so high (AS16xxx) and if AS2015 copies AS2014 then I wouldn't stand a chance.

Yep you need a job offer at a certain level (job that requires Bachelors degree or higher), hence why SusieQQQ said Skilled. Then the company has to pay all the fees etc, make the application by May 1, which may be kicked out in the lottery cull and even then there is a delay for 6 months until the beginning of October. So with the requirements, costs, and risks, there has to be a pretty compelling reason to hire you over a candidate already in the USA.

Yep you need a job offer at a certain level (job that requires Bachelors degree or higher), hence why SusieQQQ said Skilled. Then the company has to pay all the fees etc, make the application by May 1, which may be kicked out in the lottery cull and even then there is a delay for 6 months until the beginning of October. So with the requirements, costs, and risks, there has to be a pretty compelling reason to hire you over a candidate already in the USA.

Well, I received few job postings from a placement agency but they clearly stated that I must have a GC.

My only chance now is for AS to go current...

Well, I received few job postings from a placement agency but they clearly stated that I must have a GC.

Well make sure you enter DV2016 and keep looking at backup plans. I really don't see AS or any other region going current (other than NA of course).

Well make sure you enter DV2016 and keep looking at backup plans. I really don't see AS or any other region going current (other than NA of course).

I know I should try my luck again, but will I hit the jackpot once more? Will it be a low number? That's the issue.

My brother tried DV for 12 years and never hit it.

We need a miracle here...

I know I should try my luck again, but will I hit the jackpot once more? Will it be a low number? That's the issue.

My brother tried DV for 12 years and never hit it.

We need a miracle here...

You will need a big dose of luck that is for sure. But I can tell you that your chance of winning DV2016 without entering is zero percent. So enter. :rolleyes:

Receiving a job posting is not the same as getting a job offer though.

Hmmm. AF and EU started ahead of last year, but have now slipped behind. AS, SA and OC are all ahead of this point last year (in fact are all ahead of January numbers!).

I normally caution people to not worry about these early VBs too much because there is no feedback from the 2015 process factored into these numbers, but I can't follow my own advice....

It is interesting that the two big regions appear to be held back somewhat. IN the case of EU, 2014 saw them start in front and stay in front the whole year of where they had been in previous years, but then the brakes were slammed on in August - so perhaps for them at least it is understandable. For AF I think it is a sign of the increased density due to Nigeria being out - which seems to support the guess that AF progress will be slower and possibly even end lower than last year.

Hi Britsimon

I read your
blog, and you've got me worried, do you think our CN number of AF00062xxx will be selected, or are we at risk of missing the cutoff in your opinion?

Hi Britsimon

I read your
blog, and you've got me worried, do you think our CN number of AF00062xxx will be selected, or are we at risk of missing the cutoff in your opinion?
You are safe. In2014. CN AF75*** made it. Be optimistic

Hi Britsimon

I read your

You are almost 20k below the max CN last year, so even the biggest negative (Nigeria) can't take out 20k, so I think you are safe.

You are almost 20k below the max CN last year, so even the biggest negative (Nigeria) can't take out 20k, so I think you are safe.

Thanks for the reply, and for putting my mind at ease. It will nevertheless be a nail-biting experience over the next year as I watch the bulletins closely each month!

Hi there, just wanted to let you guys know I had my interview at the US Embassy in Tokyo yesterday and the visa was approved! They said it will take a week to be issued though, so now I have to wait until I get my passport back with the visa inside before I will officially celebrate :)
Thanks so much for all the advice on this forum- would not have been such a smooth process if it wasn't for all you guys answering the questions!

Oh sorry for the double post (I should have included this in my post above), but I was wondering whether anyone might have info on the http://www.sausa.org/ forums for South Africans in the USA. I am South African and tried to register as a member, but I keep on getting error messages and I also tried to contact the forum administrator via email, but without reply.

Oh sorry for the double post (I should have included this in my post above), but I was wondering whether anyone might have info on the http://www.sausa.org/ forums for South Africans in the USA. I am South African and tried to register as a member, but I keep on getting error messages and I also tried to contact the forum administrator via email, but without reply.

Hi,
Congrats on the visa!
Not sure what the issue with SAUSA is, it seems to work ok for me but I registered aaages ago...can you read it ok/is it just the registering that is an issue?
Where are you headed in the US btw?

Thanks! Its such a relief after all the stress. I actually received my passport with the visa inside about an hour ago from the courier, so now I can officially celebrate!

Wrt to the SA forums, I can read everything, but cannot register. Which is a shame, as I wanted to post questions etc and also be part of an online community of fellow South Africans in the US. Its quite a scary time lying ahead, as I will be going all alone.

At this point I'm not sure where I will be going yet- probably NY (I know cliche!, but I think there are more opportunities for me there). I first have to finish my studies here in Japan though (which would be in August, so I'll have to do a short LSD trip to activate my visa probably in May and probably to Hawaii as that is the closest US state to Japan).