• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

November VB Released DV2015

Yes there is a risk to have a delay. Your case will be an indication of how far they are in processing.
Brits I called KCC yesterday and they told me my forms have completed processing and waiting to be current : I submitted on July 21 , that might show how they are progressing

Brits I called KCC yesterday and they told me my forms have completed processing and waiting to be current : I submitted on July 21 , that might show how they are progressing

Excellent - thanks for letting us know! Sounds like they might have started early August forms...

Hello Britsimon,
I am among the doubters of the widely accepted assumption that unlocking a DS 260 does not affect the appointment date.
Mine was submitted May 21, Reopened Sept 08 and Resubmitted Sept 15, 2014 with interview location changed. My CN is 2015 AF15***and is current in December.
Asked about wether my case might be pushed to a later month for scheduling, KCC avoided to provide a precise answer only telling allow several weeks,...your forms have been received and are currently processing...allow several weeks...What does this mean?
Is there anyone among OCT and Nov interview appointees who had reopened DS 260 at least 2 weeks before the release of the VB and got appointed on time? Experiences needed here.
DV appointment date matters a lot in this process...As the case of mine if I don,t get the 2NL in this Oct, that will be very stressful bcoz since May I planned everything assuming that December will be my interview.

Brits, I read you are an IT consultant, If a DS 260 is submitted and processed, then after, a third of information is edited by reopening it and then resubmit it.
Do KCC takes another time to process the resubmitted form? if Yes which time is required to reprocess it.
Mine was resubmitted 22 days before the release of the visa bulletin Nov 2014.
Am I in the same boat with those who unlocked and resubmitted in , July and August? The assupmtion can hold for even those who unlock and resubmit one day before the release of the VB?
The simple question is what would be the latest date to resubmit DS from the release of VB?
This seems vague but try to give some insight...

Thanking you.

Hello Britsimon,
I am among the doubters of the widely accepted assumption that unlocking a DS 260 does not affect the appointment date.
Mine was submitted May 21, Reopened Sept 08 and Resubmitted Sept 15, 2014 with interview location changed. My CN is 2015 AF15***and is current in December.
Asked about wether my case might be pushed to a later month for scheduling, KCC avoided to provide a precise answer only telling allow several weeks,...your forms have been received and are currently processing...allow several weeks...What does this mean?
Is there anyone among OCT and Nov interview appointees who had reopened DS 260 at least 2 weeks before the release of the VB and got appointed on time? Experiences needed here.
DV appointment date matters a lot in this process...As the case of mine if I don,t get the 2NL in this Oct, that will be very stressful bcoz since May I planned everything assuming that December will be my interview.

Brits, I read you are an IT consultant, If a DS 260 is submitted and processed, then after, a third of information is edited by reopening it and then resubmit it.
Do KCC takes another time to process the resubmitted form? if Yes which time is required to reprocess it.
Mine was resubmitted 22 days before the release of the visa bulletin Nov 2014.
Am I in the same boat with those who unlocked and resubmitted in , July and August? The assupmtion can hold for even those who unlock and resubmit one day before the release of the VB?
The simple question is what would be the latest date to resubmit DS from the release of VB?
This seems vague but try to give some insight...

Thanking you.

I don't KNOW anything more than you do about their process. This is all new. We can only guess....

They will be scheduling December interviews in the next few days, so by the end of next week you will know better.

There is a KCC memo somewhere on the use of DS260s for DV for the first time.
The memo states that scheduling will not be delayed if the form is reopened.
Whether or not real life works the way the memo says, I don't know.
That memo has been posted a few times on these forums.

There is a KCC memo somewhere on the use of DS260s for DV for the first time.
The memo states that scheduling will not be delayed if the form is reopened.
Whether or not real life works the way the memo says, I don't know.
That memo has been posted a few times on these forums.

Oh now you are drawing out my pedantic side! :p

Good point about the memo. I could believe it for a simple change, but certain changes will probably cause a delay. IF for example the change is adding a spouse, then there will be some background check performed - and that could take time. For the typical change of address or the (pointless) change of education level, I would guess there is no real need to recheck anything. However, whether real life emulates common sense or not, I don't know either.

Yeah, thanks Brits and Sisie...
May be we need experiences for those who faced similar situations. It's clear we are at the begining of the DS 260 process.I would like all forum mates to share their experiences...
I will let you know if i get the official notification next week..

Thank you indeed..

Yes there is a risk to have a delay. Your case will be an indication of how far they are in processing.
Simon, last Friday when I called KCC, the lady whom I talked to said they were working on forms that were received end of June. This might give you an initial indication of how far they have gone in processing forms. I 'm current for November but I missed the November scheduling round. Now it's been 10 weeks since I submitted my forms but frankly, based on what I got from the lady at KCC last Friday, I think I might miss the December scheduling round too. Seems like the processing has been extremely slow at KCC with a minimum of 3 month turn around from what I have been seeing! I could be very wrong but I just thought I'd share my thoughts. I also heard that KCC works in mysterious ways so, we never know!

Simon, last Friday when I called KCC, the lady whom I talked to said they were working on forms that were received end of June. This might give you an initial indication of how far they have gone in processing forms. I 'm current for November but I missed the November scheduling round. Now it's been 10 weeks since I submitted my forms but frankly, based on what I got from the lady at KCC last Friday, I think I might miss the December scheduling round too. Seems like the processing has been extremely slow at KCC with a minimum of 3 month turn around from what I have been seeing! I could be very wrong but I just thought I'd share my thoughts. I also heard that KCC works in mysterious ways so, we never know!

They are indeed mysterious! See the post above by ZGREAT that his July 21 forms were processed. I do not believe they are prioritizing lower case numbers first, but I do think they might be wrapping up July already. Hopefully processing times will improve soon when they have got through the bulk of the cases up to date and then only have to deal with new submissions.

They are indeed mysterious! See the post above by ZGREAT that his July 21 forms were processed. I do not believe they are prioritizing lower case numbers first, but I do think they might be wrapping up July already. Hopefully processing times will improve soon when they have got through the bulk of the cases up to date and then only have to deal with new submissions.
I hope so! I'm hoping they'd finish processing my forms by next week.
Any idea by which date they stop scheduling interviews? Is it safe to assume that they'd still be scheduling interviews in the week commencing October 19th?

I hope so! I'm hoping they'd finish processing my forms by next week.
Any idea by which date they stop scheduling interviews? Is it safe to assume that they'd still be scheduling interviews in the week commencing October 19th?

What is "safe" to assume is that a set of forms processed yesterday could be scheduled for December. Later than that and it becomes hit and miss. There are some cases scheduled later, but that is not the norm as far as I have observed.

What is "safe" to assume is that a set of forms processed yesterday could be scheduled for December. Later than that and it becomes hit and miss. There are some cases scheduled later, but that is not the norm as far as I have observed.
Gotcha! I'll just have to wait and see.
I'll keep you updated on how things go.

Hi there, I have a case number of 2015AF10*** (which means I'm current in November as far as I understand it), I submitted my DS260 on 12 June 2014. I have not received my 2nd NL yet, but the problem is that I emailed the KCC in mid September asking to change the location of my interview to a US embassy in Asia instead of my local one in Africa. They replied the same day and said in the email that my location has now been changed to the embassy in Asia. (in other words I never asked to re-open my DS260, they merely informed me via email that it has been changed) Would this affect when I would receive my 2nd NL and also, can I just assume that everything is in order now that they have changed it and that I should just wait for the 2nd NL to be sent?

Hi there, I have a case number of 2015AF10*** (which means I'm current in November as far as I understand it), I submitted my DS260 on 12 June 2014. I have not received my 2nd NL yet, but the problem is that I emailed the KCC in mid September asking to change the location of my interview to a US embassy in Asia instead of my local one in Africa. They replied the same day and said in the email that my location has now been changed to the embassy in Asia. (in other words I never asked to re-open my DS260, they merely informed me via email that it has been changed) Would this affect when I would receive my 2nd NL and also, can I just assume that everything is in order now that they have changed it and that I should just wait for the 2nd NL to be sent?

Well they are about to send out 2NLs for December interviews in the next few days (probably by the end of the week) - so I would suggest waiting and you will most likely get your 2NL then. If you cannot wait, then you could call them around Wednesday and by then they should have the appointment details.

Oh okay, thanks very much for the reply! I'm okay with waiting it out- just wanted to make sure I've done everything right from my side. I'll let you guys know if I do end up getting that 2nd NL.

Oh okay, thanks very much for the reply! I'm okay with waiting it out- just wanted to make sure I've done everything right from my side. I'll let you guys know if I do end up getting that 2nd NL.

You have, but it hasn't been unknown in the past for KCC to confirm changing location and then a 2NL arriving for the original location. So it may be worth your while calling to check - if there is an error, the earlier you can get it corrected, the better.