!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! November Interview - New Delhi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P Mesh

Registered Users (C)
Starting this thread to keep track of people who could not get OCT interview and anticipate NOV Interviews.

Finally got thru the US Consulate, New Delhi the man who answered was nice and polite (one off days, my luck) and confirmed that they have recieved my Pkt-3 and have entered into their system and i should expect interview in 2 months i.e. November. Folks looks like nothing has changed after the terrorist strike and i hope it remains the same for months and years to come INS should not change any policies. I think we . the employment based category, will contribute more to the dwindling US economy and we will be the one to bring this nation back on track after the tragedy of Sept 11th . My details

Pkt - 3 sent on 9/8/2001
Pkt - 3 recvd at New Delhi 9/10/2001
Pkt - 3 entered into system 9/21/2001 ( it might have been earlier since i could only contact the embassy on 9/21/2001)

Expecting A November Interview At New Delhi

My Details..
P3 Sent To New Delhi on 09/05/2001
P3 Received By Delhi on 09/07/2001
Called up New Delhi on 09/18/2001 and the lady said that she had not yet received it. So I told her that my Airbore Express tracking info. says that it has been delivered to the consulate on 09/07 to which her answer was that it must be in the mail room. Then she confirmed my mailing address where they need to send the Packet4 documents and told me that I should be getting my packet4 documents in another 1 month. She also said that I should expect my interview either by end of Oct. or in November.. She also asked me to call back sometime by the end of Sept. to check back again about the interview date. It seems that I\'ll get a November interview date.. Last but not the least, the lady was very polite thoughout the conversation.

No Title

Which number did you call and can you post the name of the lady? Usually Swamy deals with CP calls.

New Delhi Phone Number

Ph. nos. are 4198062, 4918374.. Don\'t remember lady\'s name.

Expecting November Interview

Packet 3 sent to consulate on August 27, 2001.
Entered in the system September 12, 2001.
Expecting interview in November.

New Delhi E-mail Id ??

Does anybody have New Delhi consulate\'s e-mail id for enquiring about the interview dates.. I know they do not respond to e-mails, but I still wanna give it a shot... Please reply ..

newdelhi@pd.state.gov

Great

I think you should not be worry any more if they have already told you about the receipt of your pkt-3 . In all possibility we will get Nov interview i don\'t see any reason why we should not get. So just relax and be prepared for the interview and call up 1-2 week of Oct again to confirm the dates and do keep this thread alive

Case Details

New Delhi consulate received my case on 09/07
Called up on 09/18, not entered the system till then.
Called up pn 09/23, representative said that the case was entered on 09/19 and that I should expect my interview in Nov.. Asked me to call again in Oct. to verify the dates..

Do I have to ask the consulate to enter my case?

Did they not say that "we have recvd your pkt-3 and expect and interview within 2 months" if not then most probably it has not been entered. So call again and confirm from them

New delhi Consulate is INCOMPETENT !

I am so frustrated with the Delhi Consulate.
My Packet 3 was recieved by them on May 5th (FedEx verified). till today I have not recieved my Packet 4.
I sent my friend to visit the consulate a few times, and they always make some excuse or the other and ask him to leave. I have tried calling them numerous times and there is no repsonse. No one picks up the phone, or when someone picks up the phone, I am told that I would get the interview in the next two months.
The lawyers have faxed the consulate atleast a dozen times and there is no response back from them.
Once when I called, they told me that, they have recieved my Packet 3. Everything is in order and I should expect an interview in 2 months.
Two months went by, I did not get my interview call. I sent my friend to the consulate, they told him that there were missing papers in my packet 3. I confirmed with my lawyer and I checked the copies of everything that I had, NOTHING Was missing. When my lawyer talked to someone, they told him that the papers are complete and I should expect my interview next month (October).
When the October numbers came out, I sent my friend again to inquire why I had not recieved my Packet 4. They told him that the Packet 3 was NEVER recieved by the consulate.. He argues with them, showing them the FedEx reciept and everything, they refused to listen. Finally one guy comes up and says, ok, has there been any changes in Packet 3 ? My friend anwered "NO", then he said, ok, you would get the Packet 4 in 2 months... My lawyer has sent them repeated faxes asking them about the problem, but they are not answering the faxes. Any suggestions on how to tackle this problem ? One other problem that I have is, since I am in France these days on a business assignment, It is quite difficult for me to call up the US Embassy due to the time difference. I have been told that they don\'t answer phone calls after 10 AM - 12 PM (I know that from personal experience as well). I don\'t think that it is possible for me to call them up everyday, especially when they don\'t know what the hell they are doing and don\'t even answer phone calls or return the answers to the faxes.

I am so Frustrated ! Any suggestions ?

No Title

Really sad to hear your story.
I am really puzzled about what is happening to you. I never received
my Packet 4 from the consulate and had a successful CP in Delhi in August. The most imp thing Packet 4 has is the appointment letter. Rest of the contents (forms) of Packet 4 can be got from the Internet.

My father had visited the consulate to enquire about the Packet 4 which I hadn\'t received. The embassy guys asked for my Case No and handed him a duplicate appointment letter on the spot. This was possible as my info was in their system. The only thing I would suggest to you is to make sure your case no is their system. If there are debating if they recieved your Packet 3 or not, RESEND them a Packet 3 copy immidiately. I had sent a copy of my Packet 3 to my father when I had sent the origial to the embassy. This was a backup so that in case things like these happen, the person in Delhi has Packet 3 to submit. I had also included a authorization letter allowing him to submit on my behalf.

Again - I would suggest you to find out if you your case no is in their system. In case you don\'t get Packet 4 , you can always get a duplicate appointment letter from them.

I wish you Good Luck and a successful CP very soon.

New delhi Consulate is INCOMPETENT

Banjara HSMK is correct. It is very unfortunate that it has taken so many months that you still don\'t have any clue what happened to your pkt-3. As hsmk has said case no. is the most important thing irrespective of any other thing. When ever i have called i give them my case no. and they answer back by specifying my name and the last time i had called they also confirmed my home address which i did not ask. And they told me about interview in Nov.

So all the best hope this time you will succeed

P3 not entered in system yet: Anyone ins same boat

My P3 was mailed on 9/5 and received by the consulate on 9/10. My mother called the consulate yesterday (26th Sep) and they told that they have not received it yet!!!

I believe they have received it but not yet entered in their system. These people are soooooo INCOMPETENT. It seems that P3s are entered in random order as I have seen some posts which state that their cases have been entered although thier packets arrived later then me.

Should I still expect an interview in Nov or is is it now decidedly Dec (or God forbid even later)?

case entry vs. packet receipt

The case entry is done when the consulate receives information from the NVC. It can be entered before they receive packet 3. Is it not the case? When did NVC send information to them?

Whenever I call, they just say that case was entered on 21st sep. I ask them the question: Did you receive my packet 3? They say "We entered it into the system on 21st". I do not understand what it means.

P3 Not yet entered in system

This is so frustrating. My P3 reached the Delhi consulate on 10 SEp. They haven\'t entered it till today (28 Sep). I hope they have not misplaced it. They told my mother that they enter it in 30 days after receiving the P3. These guys are so incompetent...

Anyone else going through the same situation? I know some people had to wait for 2 weeks to get their packets entered. But this is 3 weeks already.

Can some other people post their dates as well.

DelCP

Yes it is very frustating when things don\'t move the way you want. Here is my suggestion, i would strongly recommend that you call instead of your mother and just give the case no. I assume that it will really make a difference . So don\'t get frustrated and have faith in the system.

P-3 to Delhi...

Tutu,

Do you also get another Case # from New Delhi Embassy once your case is registered?

I have sent my P3 on SEP 28...should get delivered on OCT 1...When do you think I should start calling them to find out whether they entered it in the system ?

Thanks

Thanks P Mesh

Thanks P MEsh for the advice. I tried calling them 419-8062 at around 10:30 AM (IST) for about 30 minutes without much success. My mother also gives the case number so I don\'t know what difference it will make if I make the call.

I am seriously considering resnding my P3 to someone I know in Delhi and have them deliver the P3 in person to the consulate.