November 2009 family based filers, post here

congratss!!
omg i am soo happy for you.
good luck on everything
i am so glad everything worked out so well and so quickly.

Still no update on the USCIS website and no email about the interview approval.

Hi, we almost have the same timeline, was interviewed on Feb 9, but was not approved, the IO told me to wait for the decision in 30 days. Of course, I am getting anxious because I have not received anything from them. All there is was the update of my I485 and I130 which was touched on the same day we were interviewed. The reason why I was not approved was because I did not fill in the I864A, which I needed because the intending immigrant is also the sponsor. So I fiilled the form in the center and gave it to the IO. After that she just told me to wait for 30 days. So of course the waiting game..What I'm wondering about is that,can immigration mail something without even updating the online account?

Hi, we almost have the same timeline, was interviewed on Feb 9, but was not approved, the IO told me to wait for the decision in 30 days. Of course, I am getting anxious because I have not received anything from them. All there is was the update of my I485 and I130 which was touched on the same day we were interviewed. The reason why I was not approved was because I did not fill in the I864A, which I needed because the intending immigrant is also the sponsor. So I fiilled the form in the center and gave it to the IO. After that she just told me to wait for 30 days. So of course the waiting game..What I'm wondering about is that,can immigration mail something without even updating the online account?

At least your applications were touched on the day of the interview. That did not happen in our case either. Not sure what to do at this point.

You were right, the IO mus have approved the case the same day. We got a welcome letter in the mail yesterday and the date on that notice was on 02/11, the day after the interview.

The online case status system has it good days and bad days. In my case, our cases where not up until something triggered it. I actually called USCIS and told them that my I-130 wasn't online, and they transferred me to a IO at MSC. The IO said their system had my I-130 and sometimes the case status system is not updated, but was going to put a request to have it manually updated. The I-485 case wasn't updated till the day after my wife had her ASC appointment. immig_geek, I suspect the system wasn't working in your favor on 2/10, but at least you got your welcome letter.

The online case status system has it good days and bad days. In my case, our cases where not up until something triggered it. I actually called USCIS and told them that my I-130 wasn't online, and they transferred me to a IO at MSC. The IO said their system had my I-130 and sometimes the case status system is not updated, but was going to put a request to have it manually updated. The I-485 case wasn't updated till the day after my wife had her ASC appointment. immig_geek, I suspect the system wasn't working in your favor on 2/10, but at least you got your welcome letter.

Actually at this point my I-130 status online shows initial review only. I could care less cos the GC is on its way :)

Another update:

(San Diego County)
11/12/09 - Docs sent(130, 131, 485, 765)
11/13/09 - Delivered at Chicago
11/20/09 - NOAs
12/28/09 - FP for 01/04/10 Received
01/04/10 - FP completed.
No updates, nothing...
01/23/10 - IL letter (still no updates online)
02/18/10 - Interviev (APPROVED)

I had an interview downtown San Diego. It took about 20 minutes. Very nice officer asked us how we met, when started living together. etc .
We had our newborn (3 weeks) with us, IO took birth, marriage certificate, bank statements, lease, checked my passport, I-94 etc.
Thanks to this forum I was prepared with originals and copies so it was very smooth.

Thank you everybody on this thread for sharing their experiences, it really helps.
See you in about 21 months for I-751 :)

Had interview today. Seemed to be successful. General questions about when we first met, when wife entered US, where we traveled, my previous marriage questions, does she still study in university, etc. Nothing fancy.
At the end officer explained to my wife what conditional green card is and congratulated us.
Everything took 10-15 min.