November 2008 filers

I am stunned. Don't know what to make of it.

So, we had our appointment at 9:30. We were in 30 minutes earlier, and have been called in about 10 minutes before the time (the 9AM appointment was not there).

The officer was young, I'd say about 27 years old or so, he said "you are lucky today guys, I'm taking you earlier". We've been sworn, and told to sit. I was clearing my throat (I am a smoker and mornings are terrible before the coffee and cigarettes). He says "Are you nervous?" "No, it is the weather outside, all this rain and cold" "Yes, what a terrible weather".

He was really friendly and polite, and we had more like a casual conversation, asked really simple questions , where did we met, when, how many entries have I had to the States, if I used the AP, since when is my husband a citizen, he wanted a copy of the first visitor visa that I had, wanted to see hubby's naturalization certificate, my I94 (original).

He asked for any proof of us living together, I gave him bank statements, health stuff, the cell plan that listed our both numbers. I said I have some pictures, he only looked at about 5-6 form the almost 300 we had (from before the wedding, at and after the wedding).

Did not ask for the latest taxes or W2, letter of employment or anything else. He said (looking through our papers in his file) that everything looks pretty solid (he said this 3 or 4 times), and that he will make a decision and let us know in about 90 days, with a letter informing us of the approval, need for more information or denial, but it looks pretty clear. He advised me to make sure I had no overstay of any visa before I use the AP, because the officers at the border might refuse me entry.

Did not take EAD or I94. It all ended in about 15 minutes - at 9:37 we were already finished with the interview.

He concluded by asking us if we had questions, we said no. Now I am so sorry I did not volunteer the taxes and letter of employment sad.gif Or asked about FBI clearance.

I'm starting to sink inside. :(

some one please advice. I am a US citizen. we finished our AOs interview on May 6, 09, and received Welcome notice and approved I-130 about 5 days after the interview, since then we have been expecting the card in mail. but as of now, we still haven't received any thing from USCIS. I wonder how long is the waiting time for the card in these days. also, what immigration status is my wife now after we received the welcome notice? Is the welcome notice a approval notice of action? thanks in advance.
S

some one please advice. I am a US citizen. we finished our AOs interview on May 6, 09, and received Welcome notice and approved I-130 about 5 days after the interview, since then we have been expecting the card in mail. but as of now, we still haven't received any thing from USCIS. I wonder how long is the waiting time for the card in these days. also, what immigration status is my wife now after we received the welcome notice? Is the welcome notice a approval notice of action? thanks in advance.
S

I received the welcoming letter (NOA for I485, which is indeed the approval of the I485) on May 6, card production ordered as of May 1st. I did not receive my card yet.

Although the NOA says the card should be received in 3 weeks, the status of the application on USCIS web page says 30 days. I called USCIS and been told to wait for the 30 days to run up. I've read of many such cases (of approval of the I485 yet people did not receive their cards), especially of applicants being approved late April/beginning of May.

I would suggest the same: wait for the 30 days to run up and if your wife has not yet received the card call USCIS, or even better, schedule an InfoPass.

As for the status, I suppose her status is that of a legal permanent resident, as of the date of her application approval. However, as written on the NOA for I485, the approval letter itself is not a visa, so I would suggest not to travel outside USA, unless your wife gets a stamp in the passport showing that she has the legal permanent resident status, before leaving.

yesterday I went to infopass and was told that they sent the card production request in the same day as my interview -May 6, 09, but their system didn't show the card was printed yet. They told me to wait for a few more weeks. Don't know why it takes such long time recently for them to produce card. I saw most of the people got their card within 2 weeks after interview.

I received the welcoming letter (NOA for I485, which is indeed the approval of the I485) on May 6, card production ordered as of May 1st. I did not receive my card yet.

Although the NOA says the card should be received in 3 weeks, the status of the application on USCIS web page says 30 days. I called USCIS and been told to wait for the 30 days to run up. I've read of many such cases (of approval of the I485 yet people did not receive their cards), especially of applicants being approved late April/beginning of May.

I would suggest the same: wait for the 30 days to run up and if your wife has not yet received the card call USCIS, or even better, schedule an InfoPass.

As for the status, I suppose her status is that of a legal permanent resident, as of the date of her application approval. However, as written on the NOA for I485, the approval letter itself is not a visa, so I would suggest not to travel outside USA, unless your wife gets a stamp in the passport showing that she has the legal permanent resident status, before leaving.

yesterday I went to infopass and was told that they sent the card production request in the same day as my interview -May 6, 09, but their system didn't show the card was printed yet. They told me to wait for a few more weeks. Don't know why it takes such long time recently for them to produce card. I saw most of the people got their card within 2 weeks after interview.

If I were you, and need the stamp to travel, I would go for an InfoPass again and request the stamp.

It looks like USCIS is renovating the printing machine, and delays of up to 8 weeks are expected, here is the link and below is the text:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=4b18dc4d88889010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Permanent Resident Card Production Delays

USCIS is announcing that applicants may experience up to an eight week delay in the delivery of their permanent resident card while we are in the process of upgrading our card production equipment. USCIS Field Offices will be issuing temporary evidence of permanent residence in the form of an I-551 stamp to applicants approved for permanent residence at the time of their interview. You will need to take your passport to your appointment. If you do not have a passport, you must bring a passport style photo and government issued photo identification to receive temporary evidence of permanent residence.

If the application is approved subsequent to your interview or by a Service Center or the National Benefit Center, the applicant should bring the above documents to an INFOPASS appointment to be issued temporary evidence of permanent residence in the form of an I-551 stamp.

Last edited by a moderator: