Not showing up in the court if visa application rejeted?

moray

Registered Users (C)
Hello there

I am in the States at the moment with a tourist visa and I was recently arrested in Massachusetts for OUI and negligent operation of motor vehicle. I was later released on personal recognizance, had an arrangement next day, and the first pretrial hearing was scheduled in about 6 weeks.

I must leave the States due to personal issues now (have no choice here) and I will need to get a new visa for entering the States again which I am completely willing to apply for. The question is what if my visa application gets rejected (due to this arrest I will have to mention in the visa application or something else)? Can it be "reasonable cause" for not showing up in the court considering I will not be able to provide any firm date for my showing up in the court or will it bring an FTA warrant or may my case to be heard in absentia with my lawyer present only? On the other hand, can the court issue kind of order mandating the consulate to issue me a new visa (I know it is not likely but it would be so much fun to have such a magic paper they cannot reject :) )?

My lawyer appears to be completely lost on this issue and just mumbling something.

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator: