Not receiving a USCIS receipt after DOS Favorable Recommendation

Roberto Konow

Hi everyone,

I received the favorable recommendation from the DOS over a No objection case the 10th of December of 2015. The system shows that it was sent the same day. After I had contacted the J1 waiver DOS division, they told me that the recommendation was sent electronically to the USCIS and I should receive the recommendation letter soon.

It has been more than 1 month after I received this information and I still not received neither the recommendation letter from the DOS or the USCIS receipt. I called the USCIS, asking for my case or receipt number, but they told me that 'there is no case with my name', and basically gave me no solution.

I emailed the Department of state again, asking for a new copy of the recommendation letter and asking if the fact that the USCIS had no case with my name was something to worry about.

Guys, do you know if there is anything else I can do to get the receipt number from the USCIS? After almost 8 months waiting for the No objection letter from my country and the DOS for the Favorable recommendation, I am really getting desperate by now :).

Thanks!

Hi Roberto
I am in a similar situation. I got a favorable recommendation on Oct 21, 2015 but still I have not received the receipt number from USCIS or any letter form USCIS. I called USCIS today and I did in the past and they keep saying my name is not in the system. So now I fear that my DOS recommendation got lost and USCIS did not receive it.

Have you got any info lately?

Thanks,

Lili

Hi everyone,

I received the favorable recommendation from the DOS over a No objection case the 10th of December of 2015. The system shows that it was sent the same day. After I had contacted the J1 waiver DOS division, they told me that the recommendation was sent electronically to the USCIS and I should receive the recommendation letter soon.

It has been more than 1 month after I received this information and I still not received neither the recommendation letter from the DOS or the USCIS receipt. I called the USCIS, asking for my case or receipt number, but they told me that 'there is no case with my name', and basically gave me no solution.

I emailed the Department of state again, asking for a new copy of the recommendation letter and asking if the fact that the USCIS had no case with my name was something to worry about.

Guys, do you know if there is anything else I can do to get the receipt number from the USCIS? After almost 8 months waiting for the No objection letter from my country and the DOS for the Favorable recommendation, I am really getting desperate by now :).

Thanks!