• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Non DV

Doni22

First of all I apologize for posting in this section, but I realized that this section has more traffic and hopefully someone will guide me.

Im an old member of this forum roughly 3 years( previous account :doni19, I forgot the password ).
Almost 2 years in the US now and everything is moving smoothly, latly I got enlisted in the US Army and after passing all the exams physical and writing test im getting shipped in September for basic training.
Now I wanted to ask , how can I invite my family to visit me on my graduation day from basic training?
I have my parents and a sister back home , she'll be 26 at the time of my graduation (im 22). Do you think that having a invitetion letter from a high command in the base for my family can somehow help them at the interview?
As a us army member at that time I'll make sure they get back home, and their only intention is a short visit for my graduation, but how can I convince the embassy? Please note that we are Not a wealthy family so proving strong ties to homeland besides owning a house will be hard.
Or should I invite mother and sister only , since my mom can't travel alone.
Honestly I'd love to have my family here on that particular day, it would mean so much to me know that every soldier will have someone, and I personally in don't have any relatives in the US.

If you do a google search on "invite family to visit usa" there are quite a few options, some of them for graduation ceremonies so similar to your situation. They should have some helpful suggestions and examples for you. I'm sure getting the letter from high command at your base would help.
Good luck!

First of all I apologize for posting in this section, but I realized that this section has more traffic and hopefully someone will guide me.

Im an old member of this forum roughly 3 years( previous account :doni19, I forgot the password ).
Almost 2 years in the US now and everything is moving smoothly, latly I got enlisted in the US Army and after passing all the exams physical and writing test im getting shipped in September for basic training.
Now I wanted to ask , how can I invite my family to visit me on my graduation day from basic training?
I have my parents and a sister back home , she'll be 26 at the time of my graduation (im 22). Do you think that having a invitetion letter from a high command in the base for my family can somehow help them at the interview?
As a us army member at that time I'll make sure they get back home, and their only intention is a short visit for my graduation, but how can I convince the embassy? Please note that we are Not a wealthy family so proving strong ties to homeland besides owning a house will be hard.
Or should I invite mother and sister only , since my mom can't travel alone.
Honestly I'd love to have my family here on that particular day, it would mean so much to me know that every soldier will have someone, and I personally in don't have any relatives in the US.

Congratulations on your forthcoming graduation. Regarding your family members coming to attend your graduation ceremony, a special event which in all honesty is still like any other special event, the onus will still be on your parents and your sister to convince the CO that they have no preconceived immigrant intent and that they have strong ties back home which makes it mandatory for them to return, your sister in particular. Is she married, working, have her own place, dependent on your parents? Is any of your parent still working and earning a significant income?

While the presentation of a letter from one of your commanders could be one of the many factors the CO will consider in order to grant them the visas, you cannot convince the embassy of their intention to return home, that's something they will have to do on their own when they attend the interview. And if your mom can't travel alone, she may stand a better chance of being approved with your dad than with your sister especially if your sister is single, with no family of her own, not working, living with and still financially dependent on your parents or someone else.