Non-driver ID NY/ B-2 visa

1ntense

Can a B-2 visa holder get a non-driver ID at DMV in the state of New York? The state requires to prove your identity by collecting 6 points that are impossible to have for a tourist with a B-2 visa. Can they give an Id that expires when your I-94 form expires?

Temporary visitors cannot get state issued ID in any state. Why would a tourist need a state ID? Use your passport to prove your ID.

It is very inconvenient to use a passport for attending gym, going to a bar etc. Can I get temporary visitor's id with an expiration date? If not, am I able to get any id besides my passport?

It is very inconvenient to use a passport for attending gym, going to a bar etc. Can I get temporary visitor's id with an expiration date? If not, am I able to get any id besides my passport?
No, you cannot get a state ID as a visitor to US. There is no such thing as a visitors ID. Do you have a foreign or international driver license? If so, those can be used as IDs.

Yes you can

Yes you can get one. I came here two years a ago and did get a drivers license using my I-94 visa which is the tourist visa. They will issue the ID with an expiration of your I-94 too. Just saying

You can

No, you cannot get a state ID as a visitor to US. There is no such thing as a visitors ID. Do you have a foreign or international driver license? If so, those can be used as IDs.

Yes you can get one. I came here two years a ago and did get a drivers license using my I-94 visa which is the tourist visa. They will issue the ID with an expiration of your I-94 too. Just saying