1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. US Immigration attorney, Rajiv S. Khanna hosts a free community conference call for US Immigration questions every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394.

Non Availability of Birth Certificate ~ Chennai ~ Problem

Discussion in 'Any Topic' started by Ganesh Natarajan, May 28, 2002.

1. Ganesh Natarajan

Ganesh Natarajan New Member

I am facing this problem now. The Chennai Corporation is refusing to issue a "Non-Availability" of Birth Certificate for my wife. Instead they suggest to get a court order (by sworning before a Magistrate by Parents) and then they will issue a fresh Birth Certificate.

But my lawyer says it is not acceptable. I want to know if

Any of you faced a similar situation?

Any of you got a Non-Availability Certificate from Chennai Corporation?

Any of you got this so called Court order and a Fresh Birth Certificate from Chennai Corporation and accepted by the INS / Lawyer?

If any of you is interested and willing to give me further information please reply to this or e-mail me at \'yengee@usa.net\'.

I am really greatful for any help provided in this matter.

Thanks
    Ganesh Natarajan
    \'yengee@usa.net\'
  2. urlovedforever

urlovedforever New Member

EVen I am facing the same issue :( My lawyer too insist on getting the non- availability certificate but my parents say that they are not able to get one from chennai, however hard they try.Any alternative?