1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The forums have been moved to a new software. All data till march 30 has been moved over. You can start using them. You should be able to login with the same user IDs and passwords as on the old forums. The old forums will be available as ''read only" under forumarchive.immigration.com.
  3. Rajiv hosts a free community conference call every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394. Next call is on June 19, 2014.

Non Availability of Birth Certificate ~ Chennai ~ Problem

Discussion in 'Any Topic' started by Ganesh Natarajan, May 28, 2002.

1. Ganesh Natarajan

Ganesh Natarajan New Member

I am facing this problem now. The Chennai Corporation is refusing to issue a "Non-Availability" of Birth Certificate for my wife. Instead they suggest to get a court order (by sworning before a Magistrate by Parents) and then they will issue a fresh Birth Certificate.

But my lawyer says it is not acceptable. I want to know if

Any of you faced a similar situation?

Any of you got a Non-Availability Certificate from Chennai Corporation?

Any of you got this so called Court order and a Fresh Birth Certificate from Chennai Corporation and accepted by the INS / Lawyer?

If any of you is interested and willing to give me further information please reply to this or e-mail me at \'yengee@usa.net\'.

I am really greatful for any help provided in this matter.

Thanks
    Ganesh Natarajan
    \'yengee@usa.net\'
  2. urlovedforever

urlovedforever New Member

EVen I am facing the same issue :( My lawyer too insist on getting the non- availability certificate but my parents say that they are not able to get one from chennai, however hard they try.Any alternative?