1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Rajiv hosts a free community conference call every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394.

No Welcome Notice...

Discussion in 'The Physical Green Card' started by Noki22, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Noki22

Noki22 Registered Users (C)

I entered at JFK 22 days ago and still no welcome notice. I know technically you have to wait 30 days before contacting them, but should I be worried? Is it okay to call USCIS and ask what's happening?

Also, can I track the green card status somewhere? I tried check my case with my immigration case number, but it's stuck on Post-Decision Activity from early 2011... Since then, I got my interview, visa approved etc... I have to travel on the 23rd; I hope there are no significant delays as it would be great to have the GC when I come back in a few weeks.
  2. TheRealCanadian

TheRealCanadian Volunteer Moderator

Wait 30 days.
  3. jummy

jummy Registered Users (C)

I came in yesterday with my family,after getting through with immigration.I asked them when to expect my Gc and they said in 6 month time,i was shocked adn asked them if it could be earlier, they said NO.This is ridiculous bcos i never heard of anybody's own taking that long.
  4. reggin_au

reggin_au Registered Users (C)

I wouldnt be getting to worried. Wait at least a month before contacting USCIS. Also it can take up to 9-10months for your Green Card to arrive. Your immigrant Visa stamp in your passport is valid for 1yr from your arrival if you need to leave the US and return. I received my Green Card after about 4 weeks which I think is about standard but they obviously say it can take longer so they don't have an influx of people ringing up about it like your good self :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2012
  5. jessicapotter

jessicapotter Registered Users (C)

Patience is one virtue that will help you greatly now. You cannot expect to have your green card any sooner than atleast 4 months. Also you need to wait for a month before you contact the USCIS regarding it.
  6. Sympli Dusty

Sympli Dusty Registered Users (C)

Same story here. It has been a month, but still no SSNs, no welcome notices and no green cards. I called SSN office yesterday and they told me that they did not receive anything from CIS and they do not have any record of me. I will be calling CIS shortly, it is so frustrating.
  7. reggin_au

reggin_au Registered Users (C)

Same thing happened with me re the SSN. I ticked the box on my paperwork that I wanted one issued and it wasnt. I went down to the SS Office and applied for one in person, I suggest you do the same. As for the other stuff it should arrive soon. Best of luck
  8. Sympli Dusty

Sympli Dusty Registered Users (C)

Thanks for your advice. I received welcome notice in the mail today, about 5 weeks after arrival. I guess I will have to physically go to SSN office and apply there.