No proof of arrest record

Nmq34

I recently applied for citizenship and received yellow letter asking to bring original documents about the arrest. I received GC based on asylum and noted on N400 that was arrested, because it was covered in my asylum case. I don't have any record or documents, because the detention happened in the country that I was granted asylum from. It wasn't a criminal based arrest. I can't provide any documents. What can happen at the interview? Can the citizenship be declined based on this? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I received my yellow letter asking me bring further information for an arrest in 2000 to my interview. There was no charges filed. So I called the courts and they told me they had no record, as it never got to court they would have no files or records, they advised me to call the DA's office as they are the ones that decide whether to charge or not. I called the DA's office and they said the charges never made it to them as the police decided not to go ahead with the case, so they have no record, they told me to contact the arresting agency. I went in to see them with my yellow letter in hand, they were puzzled as they said they usually only go back 7 years. They had no record of the charges and they would have to request a report, however, they don't provide letters for this purpose anyway.

anyone have any suggestions

I received my yellow letter asking me bring further information for an arrest in 2000 to my interview. There was no charges filed. So I called the courts and they told me they had no record, as it never got to court they would have no files or records, they advised me to call the DA's office as they are the ones that decide whether to charge or not. I called the DA's office and they said the charges never made it to them as the police decided not to go ahead with the case, so they have no record, they told me to contact the arresting agency. I went in to see them with my yellow letter in hand, they were puzzled as they said they usually only go back 7 years. They had no record of the charges and they would have to request a report, however, they don't provide letters for this purpose anyway.

anyone have any suggestions

Have the DA's office give you a letter that they have NO arrest record for you in file. Contact an immigration lawyer, write a letter explaining the cause of arrest and WHY no charges were file - etc. and notarize it .

Good Luck !

I think the right strategy for you would be to be 1.)Honestly put down what happened in your N400 application. 2.)Get some sort of letter from all these jurisdictions that they have no record, like Romeo Moss said.