• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

No aos interview yet. Why does it take that long?

2006_07

Registered Users (C)
I can't understand why it takes that long for the uscis to schedule the interview.

On August 1st they told me my name check was cleared so I am not sure what they are waiting for.... The worst part is that I called kcc and they told me they haven't even requested the package yet.... :mad:

I am so frustrated right now and I am not sure if this delay is normal and what I should do about it... :(

I scheduled another infopass for August 14; let's see what they say...

I live so close to the uscis office that I almost feel like going there every day... :p

I know it's easy to say "don't worry" but very difficult to do. However, your case is not taking unusually long, so don't panic yet. I am one of the unusually unlucky cases, but I had to wait 4 months to get an interview notice even though there were no problems with my application. Of course, it's much harder to wait now that September is approaching. Anyway, you've called KCC and confirmed your name check. Have you called the FBI to ask if your fingerprint results were returned to the local office yet? The number is 304-625-5590. Also, in your INFOPASS visits, did you find out if your case was transferred to the local office yet? I don't think they can schedule an interview until your case file is there.

Good luck.

Hi there,

Your background check is cleared, you are lucky.

When you go on your Infopass ask them if your files have been sent by the Missouri Center (your I-185 package). They can see it on the computer. Without those files they don't usually schedule for interviews. Once they schedule you for an interview they will request the other batch of files from KCC.

So find out as much as possible, ask them how the process works, even if you already know, so that they will check more stuff on their computer. They have access to info that Customer Services do not.

You'll be fine

BEST OF LUCK

Barbara

Thanks guys.

I've just called FBI and they said they received both fingerprints (my wife and mine) on July 25 and returned it on the same day.

When I went to the infopass the lady did say that both our files were already there. That's what I had figured because we had received two fingerprint appointments, one on the green form and another that came directly from the local office.

She also confirmed that both our name checks were cleared and said she knew the supervisor that was handling the diversity visa and would forward our infopass forms to him. I was hoping that would make it go faster but not really.

She even said: don't worry you have plenty of time until the end of September. :mad:

My main concern is that by August they made 60630 people current and still made everyone else current by September (about 80000 people?), so I am really afraid that they will reach the 50,000 visas by early September. :(

Good luck for all of us. :)

researcher29
I'm really glad your care is moving eventually.Good luck
guys is not over until the FAT LADY SINGS and she sings only at the end of September,Keep pushing through all the ways you know
good luck to everybody