nightmare! help needed, Thanks!!

guestusa

Registered Users (C)
Hi, there

This is for my friend. My friend's younger brother visited my friend with legal tourist visa during his summer vacation in NJ. He holds the valid driver license of his homecountry. When he was driving to the airport, he got caught by the police, and issued three tickets ( speeding, careless driving and no us driver license driving), even he was asked to appear in the court on Sept.3th. My friend was with his younger brother in the car then and was scard to death. The tickets were issued with my friend's car plate information and home address, and her younger brother's name on it.

As my friend's younger brother will be leaving for his homecounty before Sept.3th, my question is 1) how my friend gonna do with the summons of court appearance on Sept 3th. 2) Is it possible for my friend not to pay the tickets fine and has no negative impact on herself being a legal Greencard holder in the long run?

Anybody has any experience or information, please share with me. Thank you very much for your imput!

guestusa said:
Hi, there

This is for my friend. My friend's younger brother visited my friend with legal tourist visa during his summer vacation in NJ. He holds the valid driver license of his homecountry. When he was driving to the airport, he got caught by the police, and issued three tickets ( speeding, careless driving and no us driver license driving), even he was asked to appear in the court on Sept.3th. My friend was with his younger brother in the car then and was scard to death. The tickets were issued with my friend's car plate information and home address, and her younger brother's name on it.

As my friend's younger brother will be leaving for his homecounty before Sept.3th, my question is 1) how my friend gonna do with the summons of court appearance on Sept 3th. 2) Is it possible for my friend not to pay the tickets fine and has no negative impact on herself being a legal Greencard holder in the long run?

Anybody has any experience or information, please share with me. Thank you very much for your imput!

Dang..that was hard to follow.....

Only a US drivers license is valid in the US, there is talk of an international drivers license, but I don’t know if that’s true or not.

If the person got a ticket (still not sure who that is) they can just pay the fine if they where not arrested. If they have a green card then no worries, if they are applying for a visa it could be some trouble (not likely though).

If they go back to their country, then forgive me, but I wouldn’t worry about it, extraditing someone for a traffic ticket simply doesn’t happen.