Next step after finger printing is completed

gravedancer

Registered Users (C)
What is the next step after fingerprint review results have been received and..

Greetings Everyone,
What is the next step after the finger print reports come out clean ? The AOS status shows:

On date XX the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

I keep hearing about FBI name checks etc. Is that something that usually commences following the finger printing. Also, will the I-485 status reflect incase that case is undergoing FBI name check ?

Thanks for your time and good luck..
Best Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly in same situation

I am in exactly same situation and wondering what will happen next and when will I get my GC. Completed my FP 2 months back.

I am hearing a lot of speculation with regard to some folks viewing namechecks orthogonal to fingerprint check, while the other group thinks that both these processes are overlapping in nature and FP triggers the name check.

Looking for a more concrete fact and not opinions. If someone knows kindly enlighten us.

Thanks and Regards

good news

I'm not speclulating this but again this is not my statement or opinion.

My lawfirm ( this is one of the biggest law firm in the US...) just confirmed that if FP results are received clean then it implies the name check is also complete.

I guess your lawyer doesn't want to handle too may questions...

FP is different than Name Check. Usually FP results are cleared within 24 hrs. For NameCheck send an email to FBI and hibernate for 4 months. If approval comes before FBI reply, consider yourself lucky...