1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New US citizen want my mother to apply for visitor visa

Discussion in 'Entering USA on B Visas' started by touty80, May 20, 2011.

  1. touty80

    touty80 Registered Users (C)

    New US citizen want my mother to apply for visitor visa
    Hey everyone, I need your help.
    I moved in USA in 2006 after wining my green card by DV lottery. I went to school here the whole time, graduate and just got my certification of naturalization last month.
    Yes finaly happy Im a US citeizen now. thanks God...
    I'm getting marry to a US citizen in August 2011 and will like to invinte my mother for my wedding.
    My father past away 2 years ago and my parents never visit me here. My mother is retired but got a lot of tourist visit for France where she visted my brother and sister often. She doesnt like the winter time and cold weather so she want to be in africa at this period.
    If I apply for a GC for her it will take at least 6-9 months for her to be here, and she will miss my wedding.
    If she apply for a visitor visa, are they not going to think she coming to stay since I got my citizenship resently?
    Which one of the visa B does she need to apply for?
    She has her name on my dad's house and property but all my brothers and sisters are living in France, so she is alone there.
    We all support her financially plus she got a small pension.
    Should write an invitation letter? or send more papers to support her case??
    Thanks for your advise.
  2. nkm-oct23

    nkm-oct23 Registered Users (C)

    Based on the information provided by you, it is going to be very difficult for her to convince a US consular official that she has strong ties to her home country which is the most important requirement to get a visitor visa.

Share This Page