New Simple/Robust Case Status Scanner

What do you want next from the scanner?

• Simplify/document the Scanner

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Add more scanning features

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Add more reporting features

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Add more interop features (import/export/merge)

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Add a GUI

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • Fix more bugs

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Forget about BCIS and Java, go get a life..

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters
talkative,

I am running your tool. So far so good.

Suggestion: Can you add a configuration flag (-proxylimit=100) so that only 100 cases are scanned per proxy? Just trying to be considerate towards others.

Thanks again for putting up this link on the 485 forum.

Another request: Can the -report option give a summary in the following format,

saimad said:
Type Total Approved RFE Not Touched Date Approved
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
485 11 3 1 8 Nov 3 (all three)
140 4 1 1 2 Sep 20

or perpahs the report file should be in tab separated file for easier import into excel or something?

mish4gc> report file should be in tab separated file for easier import into excel

mish4gc, this was my thinking as well. If you run a tscanner.jar -report on the database, it will produce a tab seperated report that can be imported into excel (just choose tab as the seperator character).

Waiting_May2002, take a look at Reporter.java - you can customize the report quite easily.

talkative

Last edited by a moderator:
talkataive / Others

You people are so good with this tool..., I bet you can offer an excellent tool to USCIS to manage their systems...

Not a joke, serious....

Talkative,

Thanks for fixing the proxy error. I downloaded the latest version of the tool. But for some reason, the error didn't go away. I must be doing something wrong. I tried 10-15 cases including approved one's but no luck.

C:\>java -jar tscanner.jar -database mydb -search -type 140,485 -start WAC040795XXXX -end WAC040795XXXX
Working.. To safely quit, type 'q' and hit enter [may take some time]
Proxy failure [hard: network error]: ProxyEntry[localhost:80=20000.0]
All proxies have failed
WARNING: Did not complete task. Stopped prior to processing: WAC0407950000
... Done [you can now press ^C to terminate VM safely]

Thanks again

I used the -suck option without the -proxies option and did a big scan yesterday. Though the scan went fine and seemed like it was using proxies that if found, for some reason my uscis account is now locked out! Has anyone see this before. I am worried.

I scanned about 5000 cases yesterday using the suck option. I could still login to uscis online status.

isn't the JIT past due to post new one?

The default behavior of -suck (and if you omit -proxies) is to include the local machine as well. I've added an option "-nolocal" to prevent your local machine from being used as a proxy.

Mish4gc, your machine should get unlocked in about a day. Do not access BCIS case status pages till then.

Finally, I think of the scanner as a tool. It can be used to do many things, you should exercise your discretion about what's OK and what's not!

Talkative

The scanner is awesome

Dang, I was doubtful about the capabilities of the scanner but now I cant get enough of it. You truly are a good programmer.

Thanks for the great utility.

talkative,

This is a great tool and you have done a fantastic job. If you are applying this talent at work I am sure you are indispensable.

Seeing that you can walk the walk as well - how about a nickname - walkative.

Added several reporting options:

-report status aggregate by status
-report detail detailed report
-report update:n show only cases with update in n days
-report history everything the DB knows about the case

~Talkative

talkative said:
Added several reporting options:

-report status aggregate by status
-report detail detailed report
-report update:n show only cases with update in n days
-report history everything the DB knows about the case

~Talkative
Your tool is absolutely awesome. Gives us the real perspective of how USCIS works, and how it lacks the principal of FIFO......
Anyways, can you have one more option in the report switch, to output the data to a file.
Appreciate all the work you have done on this tool.

hate140delay, thanks!

regarding the switch to output to a file, why not simply pipe the output?

java -jar tscanner.jar -datababase mydb -report detail > report.txt

This will result in a tab separated report in report.txt - won't this be sufficient?

Talkative

talktive, thanks for the nice tool. I always did a refresh and then report, but why the report still shows the "fetched" as the old date instead of today?

sure! regarding the date, when you do a refresh, and the tool scans a case but does not see any new status, it doesn't write to database, as there's no new information. hence, the date stays at the previous date. this helps in doing reports like the "-report update:30" which will give all changes seen in last 30 days.

~T

Posted ver 1.31
- Fixed bug with using -start/-end switches with -report
- Added hour field into "Update Seen" column of reports