new H1-B term

sk8er

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I am trying to find a job under the "new H1-B quota" after leaving the H1-B status last year even though I did NOT exhaust my initial 6 year quota.

So, can you

1. enter the US on B2 for a job search from June 2011 - September 2011
2. leave the US on September 29, 2011 ( right before October 1, 2011 ) with a new H1-B quota I-797
3. get an new H1 stamped outside under the new quota with a September 20 - October 7 , 2011 consular appointment date
4. enter the US for the job right after getting the visa stamped on let us say on October 15, 2011

and not raise any of the following red flags :

1. Why is this person applying for a new H1-B visa right after returning from a B2 after such a long stay ?

2. Did he complete 365 days outside the US since I had a previous 6 year H1-B. I would have done 365 days outside the US by June 2011 before re-entering on B2

3. want to be a little careful since between June 2010 - June 2011 I have made a few 3-4 days trips to the US on B2 already throughout that time ? Does this hurt anything ? Would the consulate for stamping care about this or the USCIS or both ? Are the 365 days supposed to be continuous ?

4. I dont want to change status from B2 to H1-B since people say this is very risky. Any comments ?

5. Would the consulate cancel my B2 visa after stamping H1-B ?

Please advise on where I should give gaps in my timeline or would cutting it so close work ?