New Filing Fees

Flairon

Does anyone know what the new filing fee is for concurrently filing your immigrant petition, application to adjust status with travel document and employment authorization?

The fee for the Immigrant Petition and Adjustment of Status application is now $1,760 (which includes the Biometrics Fee). I am told that this includes the I-131 Application for Advance Parole.

What is not clear is whether it includes the fee for the I-765 Application for Employment Authorization. If not, do you pay an additional $410 for the application of $495 with a second biometrics fee?

I-765 for EAD and I-131 for AP are free for I-485 applicants.

Your $1760 is actually $535 for I-130 and $1225 for I-485.

It would of course be nice if that was clearly shown on the USCIS website or even the instructions for the I-485 or for that matter the I-765 instructions. Indeed, under the list of exceptions to the $410 fee, ' pending I-485' is not one of them.

That is why I am not sure if that is indeed the case. Do you know where that may be stated categorically in writing?

https://www.uscis.gov/i-485
special instructions
Please note that, if you file Form I-485 to adjust your status as a permanent resident on or after July 30, 2007, no additional fee is required to also file an application for employment authorization on Form I-765 and/or advance parole on Form I-131. You may file these forms together. If you choose instead to file Form I-765 and/or Form I-131 separately after July 30, 2007, you must also submit a copy of your I-797C, Notice of Action, receipt as evidence of that you filed a Form I-485.