• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

new EU dv2008 winner confused re AOS

claire08

Registered Users (C)
hello all,

my friend from EU received notification of eligibility for DV2008, case number is 2008EU00011xxx. i have read the forum but i am still confused on a few points.

the bulletin shows 16,000 for EU region? this means he can apply now with this case number?

also i am not clear about how we change case to AOS, since he is here legally already. what do we send to KCC? some people say DS-122 and others say all forms? how / when does local office take over case then?

i am sorry if this repeats other questions, we are new to this and i couldn't find definite answers yet. thank you for any help!

the bulletin case numbers you see right now are for DV2007, 2008 applications begin after october 2007, and I imagine the number your friend has will be current around march in 2008, he has to watch the monthly bulletin and apply then.

Take a look at the 2007 AOS only thread. You will get useful information.

thank you!

hello madhatter, thank you so much for your prompt reply. i read the DV2007 thread but i did not understand fully this detail, i was not looking correctly at bulletin, thank you so much for your clarification!! now i understand.

can i ask you briefly, i am still not clear though, does he still send the form(s) now to KCC to get them to change him to AOS, and then when his number comes up he sends full forms (I-485 etc) and fees to local designated office?

what does he need to do to be ready for when number comes up? (aside from preparing forms in advance etc.)