New Delhi K1 processing time and procedure

greendesert

This is my first post here and I have been reading about k1 visa since yesterday and already feel lost ! So, please be patient with me. Thanks !

I have known an american woman for more than about 19 months. She has come to India on a two year contract work and lives in Hyderabad (India). I am planning to give her a commitment ring v soon. Now, we want to prepare for K1 visa. We are planning to go to US embassy at Delhi for filing the form (the form I29f, I guess). My query is can she file the initial papers for k1 visa for me in Delhi embassy ? Would we get further guidance how to go about it ? She is still here in India till the end of this year and I want this K1 visa procedure to be done with as much as possible while she is here in India itself ? How long would it take here from this embassy ?

I am pretty clueless ! my polite thanks again !

Does that mean that while she has to stay in India till December, things would have to be kept on hold ? So much time would be wasted ? no other way ?

If the I-129F sponsor has a US base, the petition can be prepared in India and then mailed to the service center from India via the US base. A little separation will not kill both of you :) Think of it as a short term investment for a brighter future!!!

hmm.... what do you mean by US base, She is native american so she must be having it anyways ! do you mean her home in USA ? So, do you mean all the documents be prepared here and mailed to service center from her home address ? It's not a matter of separation in the interim period, her employer company provides her the fare for the flight back home and also when she can fly back home !She has just come back from USA and I missed on that this time.

BTW, her home is at Pittsburgh, so what would be her service center ?

Last edited by a moderator: