Need urgent Advise...please help

desiguy_jsr

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,
I need some very urgent advise. Please respond. I am very distressed and need some opinion.

I was arrested once long time back for domestic violence. I was not convicted and case was not indicted and was dismissed. For some reason I thought only convictions are suppose to be mentioned on I-485 form. I did not mention this incident. My RD is OCT2002. Now my case was recently transferred from VSC to San Jose.

I travelled to India recently on AP (second time). First time there was no question asked. But second time they asked me a lot of questions about my arrest. My lawyer also somehow came to know about my arrest without even me telling him about it.

I asked him about the same situation and he mentioned that in my interview for 485 adjudication they are going to deny my application and put me under arrest for deportation. I am not getting any clear answers from him. He mentioned that we have to file another form for mistakes on my first 485 and file for corrections stating the neglence. he said that it may be too late now and stuff like that. I was NOT even convicted or anything.

He mentioned that grounds of denial is going to be basically false information on 485 form! It was an honest mistake as most forms ask you for convictions and not arrests! I did not even know about this until now.

What are my options. Has anyone ever been thru the same? I am so afraid to go to interview because I am not sure how my lawyer already knows that they might arrest me for deportation? What should I do? Please please help and suggest what to do!

Thanks,

Denying your application is another thing because you made innocent mistake. If A BIG IF the officer believe you he might consider it and approve your application but arresting you for the crime that you were not convicted! I do not understand why you afraid of deportation. If they deny your application you will deport yourself ( you will go back where you come from) that will be a happy ending. I do not think they have a right to arrest you for the crime that you are not convicted with.

Go to your interview with a good explanation and Pray big time.

Good luck

Hey...

Firstly, Why you should be afraid of the crime you have never committed..Secondly, be a MAN and face these things boldly..see for instance if some cop stops me on the highway and says you are under arrest..WHY??? Who the hell they are to act like that ..??? Fight for it boldly..and I heard there are some desi lawyers in San jose who would be ready to accompany you for the interview..come'n man ..have some guts and hope for the best..nothing is going to happen..Good Luck...