Need to travel to India right after Oath ceremony

It seems so! I only got the email right now so I can't go before tomorrow 4.30-6pm to pick it up though. So in 2 days I got my US passport, SC and entry visa. Seems like it is possible. I also have to say, their online tracking system was very detailed and efficient. Much more than the US Postal System for instance :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Got it all back. Sad that I won't have an Indian passport anymore :(
Yes. Still studying so have to get back to my course on Monday. And was hoping to go to India sometime soon but let's see.

They didn't give me an expedited visa. If you apply for an entry visa in person, the average wait time is 3-5 days. If you apply through mail, of course it will take longer.

In the visa application all they asked regarding the trip was: when are you leaving New York? (for which I have a fixed date- that is next Monday) and when are you entering India (for that, I don't have any fixed plans yet so I just wrote an estimated date later on towards the end of the month).
No one asked me anything else. As far as I know, I was under standard processing time frame, nothing expedited.

Travel to India immediately after naturalization ceremony without Indian Visa

i know of a case where a 14 y o got her naturalization certificate and immediately flew back to India on Indian passport the same evening, as her exams were going on in india. She did not have time to apply for a US visa or Indian passport.

In India she applied for and got a US passport. What happens now. Can she apply for OCI from within India. Will they question how she travelled to India on Indian ppt after naturalization ceremony and without taking indian visa. What are the consequences.