Need to Adjust Status in 4 weeks - any hope?

mrsgcs

I am a UK citizen currently in the USA via as a tourist (came in via visa waiver program last week)... my boyfriend is US citizen and we plan to get married in the next couple of days. My passport is only stamped for another 4 weeks... do I stand any chance of adjusting my status in this time? UK citizens are eligable to stay for 90 days as tourists, so I don\'t know whether to get an extension for that before I start applying for my Green Card or not... In fact, really have no idea where to start and the INS website has just totally confused me. Can anyone help??

Get Married

Tell your BF to Marry you before your VISA expires and go to INS and get some forms for your Adjustment of your status....I think you will Need I-485, I-30 and more...

have I got time?

So you think that as long as I am married and submit my forms before my visa expires that I should be okay?

I-94

Yes, before your visa and your I-94 expires...get married and go to INS and fill up some forms...and you will be OK

Great! Just one more question!

That is fantastic news! Thanks so much for taking the time to share that info with me!

Just one more question... my return ticket is for 4 weeks time, when I filled out my landing card I wrote duration of stay 4 weeks 5 days... and when they asked me my duration of stay at the immigration desk I said the same time frame... but looking at the stamp in my passport it actually says 90 DAYS on it... I know this may seem obvious, but I just need to be sure that this means that I have 90 days to play with and not the original 4 weeks that I stated.

If I have 90 days to play with, I can relax a little...

Your advice would be very much appreciated!

Thanks again!